Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Tower hobbies 6xm, problems...

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 03:48 PM
miniz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tower hobbies 6xm, problems...

I am having a lot of problems with the Tower Hobbies 6xm radio. I am using it for an rc tank, problem
is every time I turn on the radio the trims are totally different, it even
reverses channels on its own..
The radios left side ratchet has a different neutral nearly every time.
By this I mean sometimes the 50/50 mark which should be neutral on a good day will be nearly full throttle forwards on a bad day..
Could this be a problem with the battery I am using for this tank; or even more so the LRP AI escs, are they setting themselves differently due to the supposed "AI"? Help me folks
Old 02-04-2009, 09:12 PM
yahman1254
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Tower hobbies 6xm, problems...

maybe try a tank forum because im guessing most of us dotn know much about that.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:02 AM
miniz33

Sure the parts are in a tank, but the setup is using two rc car escs, with an airplane radio; simple really.
One esc to run the track on its side. the big question Im wondering is why the setting change every time I turn the stupid thing on after the remote has been charged...
Old 02-05-2009, 09:31 AM
snowbl!nd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it possible the transmitter has an internal button cell to power the memory? If the battery has gone flat this would account for the problems you're having...
Old 02-05-2009, 10:11 AM
txtkiller
Banned

It is illegal to use a Air radio for surface use. Same applies for ground to air.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:34 PM
dacaur

was going to post the same thin...., you cannot legaly use that radio in your tank, its only for aircraft. Your problems are obviously Karma messing with you
Old 02-06-2009, 07:56 AM
miniz33

Oh, I didnt know that! Why is it illegal?
Old 02-06-2009, 03:26 PM
dacaur

because the 72Mhz band that your tower radio runs on is reserved for aircraft use only (that's why there is a big sticker on the radio that says "aircraft use only", unless someone removed it) The same way that 75Mhz is for surface use only, not airplanes.

One practical reason is this. Imagine you are at a park driving your tank, nearby there are a few people flying airplanes, Someone else shows up at the park to fly their airplane, they look around, and see the other people flying, so they ask them what frequency they are on to make sure there is no conflict... But since you are driving a surface vehicle, they don't bother asking you what frequency you are on, since aircraft radios are on a different frequency than surface radios. And, if your tank happens to be on the same 72mhz frequency as the airplane, his plane WILL crash.... The range on these radios is pretty much as far as you can see once the plane is in the air, so even if you are several blocks or more away, you can still cause a problem..
Old 02-06-2009, 03:55 PM
miniz33

Holy chripes, I had no idea! Oddly I didn't see a for aircraft use only sticker on it, I suppose that I can be a little consoled by the fact that their isn't a big enough spot to fly around her.