Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

my himoto is messed up frist time outa box

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

my himoto is messed up frist time outa box

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 02:03 PM
tythebigsexy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my himoto is messed up frist time outa box

ok i got a complant about the new rockcrusher 2 all who is lookin 2 buy 1 u may wanna read and listen i got the rock crusher took it out on the almost dead batterie just 2 make sure every thing worked right i took it tryed 2 clim some thing and the back axle started clickin ok i thout emailed the seller didnt do ne thing for me ok he gave me email 2 sport for himoto i told em what i thout was wrong tthout the gear in axle was striped what do they tell me the gear in the axle is probly striped (they tell me to replace it and buy a new 1 **** THX so i tear it down and look what do i see DISINGFLAW WOW the gear off the drive shatf has 2 much play in it not stayin up agens the main gear in axle so with it gets torce it just skips not good so im waitin on emails for himoto 2 see what they want done see if they want these pics i took or not but how ever i did tell em how 2 fix the damn thing i think i should be sent a biger gear that fits better what do u all think plz post replys
Old 02-07-2009, 02:10 PM
tythebigsexy

Default RE: my himoto is messed up frist time outa box

Hi,
The gear is probably strip already; and youcan eithe buy another gear for
replacment or change to metal gear.
Thks

> my back axle in the ball is clickin i got the truck 2/5/09 i got it out
> pust batter init and went 2 climb some thing small and the back axle
> started clickin like the gears r striped of they r 2 far apart in the ball
> not makein good con i email the seller of the truck and he told me to talk
> 2 u guys and see what is going on but i beleave the gears in rear axle r
> not right from the way it sounds
Old 02-07-2009, 03:06 PM
firebird78

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

first off posting your problem in one thread is suffecient......you kinda lost me on what exactly your problem is, your post is hard to read...
Old 02-07-2009, 03:15 PM
ehroof

Sounds like a gear stripped on his first run with a dead battery. I had to admit that stripping a gear on a dead battery on your first run sounds a little unlikely but anything is possible. One of the biggest problems in this hobby is stripping gears, spur or any other like a diff gear. Upgrading to a metal gear would be a good idea since it would last longer, its what i did before i even ran mine and I have to say, i have had 0 problems with mine. The seller should have made good on the product he sold but you would be amazed how many stories I hear about "it stripped on my first tank of fuel".
Old 02-07-2009, 03:27 PM
tythebigsexy

sry my spellin is alittle off but ummm the bar inbetwen drive shaft and the main gear in axle is lose it goes in and out alittle soo it leave alittle gap betwen the 2 gears so they r not tight 2 1 and othere its makein it pop and not get full power like the gears slip on echothere hard 2 explane what i mean with out seein it there not tight to 1 and othere is what i mean cuz the 1 rob moves in and out 2 where it shouldnt move at all
Old 02-07-2009, 03:32 PM
ehroof

You can try to shim the gear, put washers between the bearing and the gear (its call a pinion gear) to bring it closer to the main gear, gear shimming is quite commonly done on diff gears.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:32 PM
tythebigsexy

ssry im alittle mad and upset i put out that kinda money 2 have them send me crap the gears r fine they say its the gears when i got it opend infront of me
Old 02-07-2009, 03:35 PM
ehroof

we are here to help you out bro, remember this is a hobby and meant to be fun, fixing, repairing, upgrading and modifying are part of it, its a big part of it.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:36 PM
tythebigsexy

ahhhh ok im not into rc cars as much as i am real cars sooo kinda like i cant do that 2 real car i shouldnt do it to this rc is how i seen it at frist cuz i thout abouyt that but didnt know if i should or not but ty for your awnser your the only 1 that has givein 1 2 me and the main himoto help place keep tellin me 2 buy new gears when i new that wasnt it so hats off 2 u greatly thnk u
Old 02-07-2009, 03:38 PM
ehroof

No problem now go shim and have some fun and come back and tell us about it, lol....
Old 02-07-2009, 03:40 PM
tythebigsexy

man i was sooo made i bought 90$ in battrie packs 70$ charger allll kinda stuff and it messes up be 4 i even get 2 really take it out i was going throw the roof
Old 02-07-2009, 03:43 PM
ehroof

Its a quick and easy fix/mod. Metal would be the way to go for sure, would make the gears basically bullet proof.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:45 PM
jpilkinton

ORIGINAL: tythebigsexy

sry my spellin is alittle off
alittle? Jeez, that's an understatement [:'(]
Its like trying to read Japanese. LOL!

Old 02-07-2009, 03:51 PM
firebird78

its kewl...could it be that maybe a shim is on the wrong side of the diff case?...on my first rc I had that happen to me...just a thought...
Old 02-07-2009, 04:48 PM
Redharris

Hey Guys....
He's talking about THIS.....
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8337042

Tythebigsexy.......(i feel funny typing that name...lol)

I have had the same problem as what You are having.....If you go to the Link I provided,,,,you will Find everything you need to Fix your problem, including where to get the parts......

Sorry I didnt take more Pictures, but I was going on Vacation and neede to Fix it FAST,,,,,didnt have time for more Pics....
Old 02-07-2009, 04:59 PM
tythebigsexy

WOOOT now i gota do it 2 the front axle 2 lmao but it worked wonderfuly found some washers out in the grage and poped in in there and just works awsom now the front after that all be good thnx for the tips guys very helpful fourm here now gota find some goood rocks and get 2 crewlin ne 1 know of small end rc rcok comps in nothereast ohio if ya do let me know plz !!! but it worked!
Old 02-07-2009, 05:14 PM
airoscar

ORIGINAL: Redharris

Hey Guys....
He's talking about THIS.....
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/fb.asp?m=8337042

Tythebigsexy.......(i feel funny typing that name...lol)

I have had the same problem as what You are having.....If you go to the Link I provided,,,,you will Find everything you need to Fix your problem, including where to get the parts......

Sorry I didnt take more Pictures, but I was going on Vacation and neede to Fix it FAST,,,,,didnt have time for more Pics....
Hey Red thats exactly what i need too.
it has a bit gear problem when much torque is required i thought i didnt install the brushless right last night i redid everything; pinion gear to spur gear is definately good meshed but it still sounds like gears mesh bad when i go crawling with it, now i see what the problem is. (i have removed the center driveshaft to make it rear wheel drive out of it, thats probably when i messed it when i put it back)
Old 02-07-2009, 05:25 PM
kuppler

Rich i took my crawler rear end apart and looked.. its just a Mesh problem. all the gear teeth are GOOD.. just need to set the mesh. its any EASY fix. nothing to cry about.. hehehe
Old 02-07-2009, 06:28 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Rich - I was reading your him post again and noticed you are using 5x8 on the inside and 5x10 on the outside. Why?
Old 02-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Swamp3r

tythebigsexy I own 9 rc's only one electric and everysingle one of them needed a once over b4 I drove them. I have losi,shumauker,redcat and of course Himoto you gotta check your truck out b4 you just start running it around I broke my first 2 trucks cause I didn't do an inspection. Never had one break since. And it doesn't take long.Andf from what I hrere from your problem sounds like an extremely easy fix..I've spent over 8 hrs working on a truck before so adding shims or a washer sounds like a quick fix to me. Just keep your chin up we are all here to help you.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:19 PM
tythebigsexy

ya iv ran alot of rc's not top of the line but this is my frist more expasive 1 i was thinkin u know with the price and it said rtr should be good 2 go and not ne probs at all the shim thing blew my mine cuz ud think if there sendin a rtr truck out it should be rady 2 run u know what i mean???? im tryin 2 get more into the rock crewling stuff i had a radcat be 4 gas 1 and nothing but prob after prob i took the car and just throw it in the trash can and said screw it im likein the crewler alot tho and ty for all the feed back im getin im still lookin for a good site for mods/improvements but ant found ne for himoto such as matel gears maybe metal drive shatfs and what not but i dont know what size the gears r in the axles sooo i donno where 2 look for them at
Old 02-07-2009, 09:22 PM
tythebigsexy

ps i know himoto ant top of the line but it is a better known name
Old 02-07-2009, 09:33 PM
pede_187

RTR refers to the term ready-to-run meaning that it is pre-assembled and built as apposed to a kit that you must build. It does not mean that it would come 100% perfect, but rather that it is already built when it leaves the factory, where as a kit comes basically as a box of parts and a manual. It also means that it will come with the electronics and an engine (kits generally do not unless they are ARTR)
Old 02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: tythebigsexy

ps i know himoto ant top of the line but it is a better known name

speak for yourself, lol..... I think that crawler is one of the best out there in its class and I dont mean money wise either. There is nothing out there that comes close basically ready to run out of the box with all the aluminum thats on it.

We will have many hop ups available in the very near future for it.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:55 PM
firebird78

to bad ya ya didnt find us before ya trashed you gas rc....we coulda helped ya on it too...lol....by the way welcome to the himoto family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.