Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

One way bearing troubles

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 07:48 PM
Straick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One way bearing troubles

I am having some major trouble with the one way bearing in my Revo's transmission. It keeps slipping, and now it won't even grab at all. Is there any way I can clean it(just has to last to next Friday, payday) to get it going again? I just spent my weekly RC "allowance" on a backplate and starter shaft for the motor, one way bearing for the starter, a new body, and some fuel. I know the "right" way to fix it is to replace it, but I don't want to be down for another week after I've already been down for almost 2 weeks due to the motor backplate leaking around the starter shaft. Any help here would be of great appreciation. Thanks.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:53 PM
derrick05

Default RE: One way bearing troubles

Automotive brake cleaner.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

blast it with some cleaner and oil the run some emery cloth on the shaft should be good for a little bit longer
Old 02-08-2009, 05:11 PM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How cold is it there? Was your revo inside the house before you went out an tried to start it ?
I took my t-maxx to work 2 weeks ago, outside temp never got above 28 or so.
the t-maxx sat out in my truck all day, (pretty cold for around here) My friend brought his revo & rc10 gt, none of the 3 trucks
OWB would grab! after coming back home an lettin the truck sit inside a while the bearing grabbed every time!
I dont know if this is a common problem with cold temps or not but it seems like it to me.
Old 02-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Straick

I keep it inside(in the shower if it has snow on it) my place, which hovers around 55 or so. I took it apart and cleaned the bearing with brake cleaner, and half the needles fell out. The little pins on the ends of most of the ones that fell out were gone. Guess I have no choice but to get a new on and have the truck down for ANOTHER week. Just my luck. Do a very moderate mod of the sleeve in the motor, and the increased power when I'm still at a rich tune is too much for the one way in the trans. Does anyone know where I can get just the bearing, it looks like it is pressed into the hub, which then uses an snap clip to hold it in the gear. I would like to find where to get the bearings by themselves because they are the exact same ones as the recoil uses, and it gets very frustrating to have to fork over 24 bucks every time a one way goes bad(this one will be around 30). Thanks.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:48 AM
derrick05

ORIGINAL: Straick

I keep it inside(in the shower if it has snow on it) my place, which hovers around 55 or so. I took it apart and cleaned the bearing with brake cleaner, and half the needles fell out. The little pins on the ends of most of the ones that fell out were gone. Guess I have no choice but to get a new on and have the truck down for ANOTHER week. Just my luck. Do a very moderate mod of the sleeve in the motor, and the increased power when I'm still at a rich tune is too much for the one way in the trans. Does anyone know where I can get just the bearing, it looks like it is pressed into the hub, which then uses an snap clip to hold it in the gear. I would like to find where to get the bearings by themselves because they are the exact same ones as the recoil uses, and it gets very frustrating to have to fork over 24 bucks every time a one way goes bad(this one will be around 30). Thanks.
Yes you can buy the bearing alone from ebay from VXB Bearings.You can knock the old bearing from the hub with the right size allen wrench or socket.This will save you alot of money because the needle bearing alone is much more cheaper than buying the entire hub and bearing together.Just make sure you write down the number off of the bearing before you start wacking on it.Let me go to ebay for a sec and Ill get right back to ya.Okay,Im back from Ebay.VXB Bearings is the seller youre looking for.Dont forget to get the number off the bearing that youre replacing.It should read HF612 or something similar to that.Just search that part# on ebay and results from VXB should popup.These bearings are only like $6.00 each and last far longer than the stockers,much better quality and Im putting cen nemesis torque on them.Great bearings.Just be careful not to damage the hub while removing.I always use a cheap allen wrench like the ones that come with RTR trucks and have had great success.I hope this helps you out a little.