Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

need help with battery for F1 formula rc car 1/6

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

need help with battery for F1 formula rc car 1/6

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 01:04 AM
sniper67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with battery for F1 formula rc car 1/6

ok i need help to get a batteryfor this rc car it has 3 plug connector and the best i can tell it is either a 12V or 9.6 V battery. This car is 1:6 scale formula 1 race car. I did not get a battery with it. i got it real cheap. i need to know where to get one or how to make one the electrical plans for battery with 3 connector plug, what pin goes to what part of battery. please help i want to run this car and cant find a battery. i cant get pic of one to show exactly what it looks like. please contact me back i need this fast please. the car is painted differrent but the same model as the link below.
here is a link to what i got please please help. or what forum might be able to help ok.
http://www.nitrorcx.com/f1-formula-red.html this is a link to what it looks like ok
Old 02-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Druss

Default RE: need help with battery for F1 formula rc car 1/6

I think you need to take a picture of the plug and post it.

From the link it looks like the car runs on 12v, 10x1.2v nicad or nimh AA batteries. Not sure about the plug though. A 11.1v lipo would work great in this application assuming it would fit in the battery slot. Otherwise, you can just build a battery from 10 AA rechargeable batteries.

Go to cheapbatterypacks.com and order them in the attached configuration.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24951.gif
Views:	34
Size:	6.2 KB
ID:	1130012  
Old 02-08-2009, 01:36 AM
sniper67

yep thats what i figured but i need the electrical layout i have guy in an rc shop that will build me a bad ass battery for what i need but i need to know where to tap off the right wires. Any one else own one of these. it not the best like some ive seen it doesnt have the suspenyion but heck it works for me i more into tanks my self but seen this and couldnt ressist also got a truck cheeapo to but looks cool, it has broken suspension on it i need to fix
Old 02-08-2009, 01:56 AM
Druss

what electrical layout? They all have to be in series in order to get 12v from 10 batteries. If your guy doesn't know how to do that then I'd suggest you not use him. As I said, I have no idea what the third wire could possibly be for, if you look at the picture of the charger you can see that it only has two wires (+ and -). Where does the third wire on the plug in the car go to?
Old 02-08-2009, 02:11 AM
sniper67

now thats the answer i need the 3rd wire where does it go and what does it do. we kinda figured it was for the rcvr of the car servos and stuff a tap to power up the cars electronics. oh and what color goes to what. the red black and blue and what voltages are the red and blue wires i figure the black is ground. i like to see how fast this thing goes. any one that has pne please reply it would really help then.
thanks for the replies so far they have been helpful and keep them coming.