Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/8 Himoto's?? Reliability

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 12:03 AM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 Himoto's?? Reliability

I am posting here because i don't want people telling me I should get this model or that....... I am sticking with only two RC companies which is Team Associated and Himoto.......... My question is how do the 1/8 Himoto buggies hold up compared to some of the more well known RC's, reliability, speed, handling etc?????....... I live in the High Desert area of California so I plan on doing alot of off-road racing in my area when I have the chance........Same question goes with the 1/8 trucks......
Old 02-09-2009, 12:16 AM
jpilkinton

Default RE: 1/8 Himoto's?? Reliability

I have the 1/8 MTX-2S truck and all I can say it's sweet. Although I haven't driven it much, it has the power when you need it.
I can't wait to see the .21 powered MXT-2S run. I also have the MTR-2S which they say it's a 1/10, but to me it looks like a 1/8.
And it is crazy fast. I'm sure more people will chime in and give their opinions and such.
Old 02-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Redharris

I just got the 1/8 RXB-1 Buggy.....
It looks comparable to any other RTR buggy I have seen at the Tracks near Me, (Los Angeles, San Bernadino area of So. California)
I will install my Spectrum Radio and Race ready Servos along with Tires to suit whichever track I run on....
I will run in the Novice to Intermediate class with the Stock engine....which should be just Fine from what I have seen locally.
When I Bump up a Class, I will install a Faster engine,,,(but what else is New? Lol).

There is nothing to hold me Back but my own Driving skills....
Lol....Ive seen people loose races with $1500 Buggies,,,,,LOTS of times....
Old 02-09-2009, 01:23 AM
ilanstylz

Yeah I am a true believer that racing is 10% car and 90% driver (give or take a few lol)........ I'm just more worried about the reliability of these RC's, because the hobby shops in my area don't carry any parts for them, so it would suck if something kept breaking and I have to wait on the parts ordering them online............ As of now it looks like I'm probably going to get the RC8 Race Spec for now and then later on get a Himoto 1/8 buggy or truck....

Thanks everyone
Old 02-09-2009, 11:36 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run my 1/8ths without any problem, just as sturdy as my savage, aftershock or any other 1/8 that I own.

That RC8 is a nice buggy, I dont own one but have seen them run, you will be happy with that.

I am very happy with my rxb-1, very competitive out of the box, durable and nicely adjustable suspension, I have no complaints at all about the rxb and rxt series.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:11 PM
firebird78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwqyyaCquaE

nuff said
Old 02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
ilanstylz

Thanks alot everyone, I went ahead and got the RC8 RS RTR for several reasons:

1. My local hobby shops carry tons of parts for AE
2. I love the looks of the AE over the Himoto buggies
3. I was able to do a payment plan on towerhobbies for the AE
4. I will probably end up buying a 1/8 Monster truck from Himoto
Old 02-09-2009, 06:56 PM
5lagd

The only thing I ever broke on my MXT-2S was the body. And I put that thing thru hell.lol. Great reliability and strength.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:52 PM
ilanstylz

Yeah I'm def. going to be getting the MXT later on in the year (unless Himoto comes out with a newer Monster truck lol)........ I first want to get my Eldorada up and running as soon as the parts come in.........
Old 02-12-2009, 07:48 AM
ranger4x4

for a 1/8 monster truck there is no beating the mxt-2s. the 2 speed is tough and durable, mine has the infinity engine .18 and it has plenty of power. it's nimble and easy to control. i only broke a few parts when i ran into my garage. oops lol.
Old 02-12-2009, 09:43 PM
Redharris

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

for a 1/8 monster truck there is no beating the mxt-2s. the 2 speed is tough and durable, mine has the infinity engine .18 and it has plenty of power. it's nimble and easy to control. i only broke a few parts when i ran into my garage. oops lol.
I agree....I have the MXT2-S and it is one of My Favorite Trucks.....
A Lot of folks think the .18 engine might not cut it in an MT,,, but that is just NOT the Case.....
It is Geared Perfectly and with its 2 speed tranny, it more than Matches my Big Block redcat Monsoon......

P.S.
The Kyosho MFR Monster Truck also runs a .18 engine......so think about That.....

P.P.S.
And if you simply MUST have a Bigblock in you Monster Trucks,,,,,Himoto is going to be taking Care of you with the Big Block version of the MXT...
Coming Soon!......
Old 02-12-2009, 11:38 PM
ilanstylz

ORIGINAL: Redharris

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

I agree....I have the MXT2-S and it is one of My Favorite Trucks.....
A Lot of folks think the .18 engine might not cut it in an MT,,, but that is just NOT the Case.....
It is Geared Perfectly and with its 2 speed tranny, it more than Matches my Big Block redcat Monsoon......

P.S.
The Kyosho MFR Monster Truck also runs a .18 engine......so think about That.....

P.P.S.
And if you simply MUST have a Bigblock in you Monster Trucks,,,,,Himoto is going to be taking Care of you with the Big Block version of the MXT...
Coming Soon!......

I'll def. be on the lookout for the new MXT with big block motor lol
Old 02-13-2009, 08:27 AM
ehroof

Here is a picture of it, i have had one since October, will pull a wheelie easily, very powerful and fast. Just as reliable as the .18 mxt.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42623.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1134278   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85672.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	1134279  
Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
amf66

When I get the money (and can convince my parents) my next RC is going to be an RXB-1. The Himoto 1/8ths are just as durable than any other brand and the support is second to none! [8D]
Old 02-13-2009, 09:06 PM
ilanstylz

Eddie when will the MXT with big block engine be available to purchase??????
Old 02-13-2009, 09:37 PM
ehroof

Its on this container that is supposed to be here on monday, I will make a post when they are here.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 AM
tlandon
My Feedback: (15)

I have the 1/8 buggy. I have been trying to race it for three weekends now. Never get more than 2 laps and something breaks or falls off. Its fast and handles pretty good. I went through it last night, locktited and tightned everything on it. I have broken the rear hub(twice), several front suspension parts and the bolt that holds the clutch bell came off this weekend and destroyed the bell and diff gear. Some of it is my driving and not going thru it when it was new and tightening everthing down. But, I have seen the Losi's and AE's driven rougher and they dont break. I haven't given up yet, but I am beginning to think its more of a basher than racer. We will see next weekend.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:16 AM
ehroof

Which one are you talking about? The rxb-1 is definately a racer and will easily keep up with the AE or Losi, the torpeda is a good buggy but not really a racer but they are very durable too. You must be having some bad landings, lol.....
Old 02-16-2009, 11:16 AM
amf66

I'm pretty sure that tlandon has a Torpeda (Hurricane), not an RXB-1.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:46 PM
firebird78

yes tlandon has the hurricane......you cannot judge the rxb-1 by the torpeda/hurrricane...2 totally different buggies...I have both....night and difference...

no the torpeda/hurricane are not racers....but they are pretty tuff buggies when ya get the bugs worked out of them...the rxb-1 is better in all departments...

its no secret both my torpedas started life as hurricanes...I started putting himoto parts on them way back.....almost every (if not every) plastic piece is himoto (I know every arm and servo saver are himoto) therefore they are himoto torpeda's...I got ALOT of spares for these buggies and now they hardly ever break...in fact I dont believe I have broken an arm since I put himoto arms on them, and I'm no easier on them....so either I have become a much better driver (which I have improved) or the plastic in the himoto parts are better....I know it sounds weird being both parts come from the same company, same molds...but I know what I have experienced...

personaly if you already own a hurricane or a torpeda keep it and enjoy it...they are fun buggies....but in my opinion if your looking to buy a 1/8th himoto or redcat buggy....RIGHT NOW ya only got one logical choice...the rxb-1....its just hands down better in all aspects....sure you can wait for the hurricane xrb (which will be the rxb-1 twin)....but if your gonna wait, the rxb-2 is just around the bend..
Old 02-18-2009, 03:35 AM
Swamp3r

I have to agree with randy 100% I also own both buggies and the rxb makes other buggies look very cheap the rxb is built very well. I'm actually considering buying another so ya they are good buggies.
Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 AM
tlandon
My Feedback: (15)

I bought the Hurricane from Redcat. I bought a RTM Roller from them as well for spares. The box says its a RXB-1. It is a little different. Ended up using parts off of it on the Hurricane for repairs. I am going to practice this Friday night, so we will see how it goes.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:11 AM
ehroof

I doubt it was an rxb-1, there are really no parts that are interchangable, maybe they are using and rxb-1 box, lol
Old 02-18-2009, 06:38 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: tlandon

I bought the Hurricane from Redcat. I bought a RTM Roller from them as well for spares. The box says its a RXB-1. It is a little different. Ended up using parts off of it on the Hurricane for repairs. I am going to practice this Friday night, so we will see how it goes.

NOWAY PERIOD!!!!!....first of all if you ordered a roller from redcat it WILL NOT have rxb-1 on the box....THE ONLY parts that will interchange are as follows... the body of a hurricane will fit....the rear wing.....the wheels and tires........possibly the shocks...and maybe the tie rods....

nothing else is a direct fit...granted I have thought about moding one of my torpedas to use the rxb-1 diffs, arms and all that..only way is to drill holes in the chassis...and not sure if that will even work....
Old 02-18-2009, 09:09 PM
firebird78

and if you did get a rxb-1 roller and took the parts off it to fix a hurricane you need your head checked....the rxb-1 roller is way more then a lil different then a hurricane..its night and day different....a rxb-1 roller is a throw an engine and pipe on it, install your radio gear and head to the track....a rxb-1 roller is different then the rxb-1 as it has the milled chassis, all the billet aluim hop ups, carbon fiber, all cvd shafts...basically all the hop-ups worth having stock..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.