Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help me decide please!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:42 AM
supamagician

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me decide please!

I am going to be saving and in about 2 or 3 months, I should have enough money to get a buggy or truggy. I have decided that I want an 8ight, but I am not sure if I want the buggy or the truggy. I was looking at spending around 550, but since a main has the buggy for 400, and the truggy for 500, I can't decide which to get. Please post some stuff about buggies and truggies that might change my mind to one or the other.

Whatever I get will be mostly raced, but every now and then, lightly bashed in front of my house while my slash is charging. (the slash will take care of all the heavy stuff [>:])
Old 02-09-2009, 12:18 PM
SlashBasher
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Help me decide please!

The $400 is only there untill the eind of the month, I askedGo to the track and see what most people are running. If they run more buggy than truggy get the buggy, vise versa for the truggy.[&:]
Old 02-09-2009, 03:42 PM
evader8

i say truggy, they are just better looking and cooler imo
Old 02-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: corygrenzy

That is almost completely irrevelant. One person might thing one would look better than the other. IMO I would get the buggy because it is cheaper and IMO funner to drive. With a truggy, it is more forgiving which can be a bad thing. Lets say you get a truggy. You slack on parts of the track but if you would have a buggy you would have to focus more. So if you got a truggy and went to buggy, you wont be as good of a driver as opposed to buggy then truggy. Also the buggy is cheaper which allows for a good servo upgrade, then put the stock steering servo in the throttle. Also, buggy is alot more popular than truggy.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
evader8

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: corygrenzy

That is almost completely irrevelant. One person might thing one would look better than the other. IMO I would get the buggy because it is cheaper and IMO funner to drive. With a truggy, it is more forgiving which can be a bad thing. Lets say you get a truggy. You slack on parts of the track but if you would have a buggy you would have to focus more. So if you got a truggy and went to buggy, you wont be as good of a driver as opposed to buggy then truggy. Also the buggy is cheaper which allows for a good servo upgrade, then put the stock steering servo in the throttle. Also, buggy is alot more popular than truggy.
uu are right about being a better driver with driving a buggy, but truggy is the big up and coming trend imo. i just love the look of a truggy.