Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

MG16 help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 05:11 AM
superjordan08

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MG16 help.

Sorry if i'm in the wrong forum but I have no experience using this site. I just need some help about my MG16.

It's been working fine, a few minor problems but it was running great up until the other day.
I noticed the steering was a bit sluggish and it seemed as if it were too tight; like it was getting stuck.

I decided to fiddle with the bolts holding the wheels, yet I've made it worse. It wants to move but seems as if it is too tight. Yet when i loosen then bolts it remains the same.

I would very much appreciate any help you can give me.
Take into account I am 15 so you may have to explain any technical terms you say.

Thankyou very much.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:58 AM
derrick05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MG16 help.

Sounds like maybe your steering servo may have went bad on ya.Thats the square box with the electric motor that makes your wheels turn.I betcha thats what it is ,but youre going to have to either take it out or disconnect the linkage to the front wheels to test it,just make sure theres no load on it.Make sure it turns left and right.Also make sure it goes back to the neutral position and holds it when youre not turning the steering wheel.If it works very slow,its bad.Check it real good.If it is the stock servo that came on the truck,then its probably time for a change.The stock ones arent very reliable.When you do change it,if you want one that you wont have to worry about for a very long time,upgrade to Hitech.They have served me the best and come with a 2 year warranty.Good luck