Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

jatto 3.3 not starting.? help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Hi-Boost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jatto 3.3 not starting.? help!

Hyey guys i have a Jatto 3.3 in which it wont start, i am a newb at this and the reason why i have this rc car is because i purchased it cheap from a friend. I replaced the starter motor and the gears look good, i put that charger thing on the top and it does nothing. it wont click or anything. can anyone suggest what could be wrong? maybe something i am missing..?? anything would be great, i would have to take it to a hobbie store for something simple.
Old 02-10-2009, 03:28 PM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: jatto 3.3 not starting.? help!

ORIGINAL: Hi-Boost

Hyey guys i have a Jatto 3.3 in which it wont start, i am a newb at this and the reason why i have this rc car is because i purchased it cheap from a friend. I replaced the starter motor and the gears look good, i put that charger thing on the top and it does nothing. it wont click or anything. can anyone suggest what could be wrong? maybe something i am missing..?? anything would be great, i would have to take it to a hobbie store for something simple.
First, make sure you glow plug is not dead. It should glow when you test it with a glow igniter
Old 02-10-2009, 03:35 PM
transam388

Yes, make sure the glow ignitor (Thing you put on top when starting) is charged and that the glow plug itself is good. Many times just putting a new glow plug in fixes starting problems. Also, after you have filled the fuel tank and are trying to start, put your finger over the exhaust and give the pull cord some pulls or your roto start and watch the fuel in the fuel line. Once you see the fuel get near the carb then take your finger off. This basically helps prime the motor.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:02 PM
scoobs92

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check the ezstart wires you might have a dead wand battery
Old 02-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi-Boost

I replaced the glow plug and the ez starter motor. i do not have a pull cord. I can't think of anything that may cause this issue. The wire that goes connected onto the glow plug is all striped but not broken, i will try to replace it and see what i get. Only other thing i can think off is the battery thing you plug on the top to crank the little motor.
Old 02-12-2009, 12:17 AM
killerpancake01

my dad had starting problems with his old t-maxx. it wouldn't turn over the engine. turns out it was from too much compression, the motor wasn't strong enough to turn the engine to get it to start.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
Hi-Boost

ORIGINAL: killerpancake01

my dad had starting problems with his old t-maxx. it wouldn't turn over the engine. turns out it was from too much compression, the motor wasn't strong enough to turn the engine to get it to start.
hmm interesting, but why wouldn't the factory starter motor be strong to crank the engine?
If for some strange reason this was the issue, is there an upgrade for the starter motors? I haven't had a chance to test a different starter.
Old 02-12-2009, 01:15 PM
tonydig11

make sure the ground wire is connected correctly. I hooked mine up wrong once and it would do nothing. connect the ground wire to a motor mount screw.
Old 02-12-2009, 05:39 PM
motormouth27

Get a glow ignitor and a pull start.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Hi-Boost

Alright guys, problem solved. right when i bought it before running it i had changed the starter motor, the light on the starter battery would turn on and i though that was good enough to crank it since it turned on and i didn't have the charger for it. So i replaced the glow plug and made sure the connection was right. Well still nothing, it wouldnt even try to crank it.

Today i went to my friend's house and i used his starter and it turned the motor with no issues, so i was really happy. It did take us a good while to start it then another 15mins to get it to run right (since it had old fuel) and tuned so it wont turn off and it's running like a champ, never had a toy this fast im really happy specially after paying $150 now i'd like to buy a T-Maxx or something to off road with.
Thanks for all the help and support.