Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

One Way Starter Bearing cleaning?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 10:43 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default One Way Starter Bearing cleaning?

I recently got a nice looking O.S. .18 cv-rx with a Tiger Drive drill start on a trade. I got the motor, and if you were just spinning the drill start by hand, the one way bearing felt fine. So I put it on my maxx, and it started slipping as soon as i tried it, and then wouldnt do anything at all. Cleaned it with a rag again and some WD 40 and it was good for like 2 seconds, and now it wont do anything at all. It spins on the shaft like a regular bearing would.

I cleaned it in some gas with no luck. Have stuck a rag through it with a screwdriver, and spun it both ways several times, and it will NOT grab at all. I have had them slip before, but not stop working completely.

I was hoping to be able to clean it up and fix it, but so far no luck. Its about $18 for a new one and i was hoping to get by without buying one. A pull start is $38[:@]

So, anyone have anything else i can try before i blow $18?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: One Way Starter Bearing cleaning?

Block the bottom of the one way with your finger and fill it with WD-40. Then, use the straight section of a drill bit ithat fits into it, from the top. Push the drill bit down quickly and forcefully. It acts like a piston, pressurizing the WD-40 into the bearing. Pressure forces the WD-40 out of the top eventually but before this, it has to travel through the internals with considerable pressure. Surprising amounts of dirt come out, making the WD-40 black. Refill and repeat with powerful strokes pushing more and more dirt out. Continue until the WD-40 comes out clean.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:22 PM
cummins driver

Thanks Mike Ill have to give it a shot

How you been anyways, havent heard from ya lately?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Montana Mike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

busy busy busy. Got some CVD's installed in one of my S- Maxx, just have to put the center in, and get some Dark Blue and Orange Fuel line and a Blue Fuel filter then she should be ready to run. Got my Rush almost done just have to finish tucking the wires. Built a stand today for my shocks, so when I am changing the fluids, they can sit in it till the air bubbles bleed out. How you ben?

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36199.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	1133344  
Old 02-12-2009, 12:15 AM
cummins driver

Good here. That sure is a nice little stand you made[8D]

Still no go on the bearing though. Im afraid im going to have to buy a new one[&:]