Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HELPHELP CANT WHELLIE SAVAGE XL

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 08:43 PM
huck ur rc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELPHELP CANT WHELLIE SAVAGE XL

I have recently bought a savage xl and have put about ten tanks through it and cant get a wheelie off on pavement or grass.plz help
Old 02-13-2009, 10:06 PM
mikewait

Default RE: HELPHELP CANT WHELLIE SAVAGE XL

Lean it more if you haven't....
Run a few more tanks to make sure its broken in fully...
Change the kind of tires to give you more grip...
Get a better pipe or bigger engine.
Old 02-13-2009, 10:48 PM
pt121

Also, check that slipper clutch and the clutch shoes. The clutch shoes will run down rather quickly.

Patrick
Old 02-28-2009, 01:53 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: huck ur rc

I have recently bought a savage xl and have put about ten tanks through it and cant get a wheelie off on pavement or grass.plz help
Several things you can do. Of course, lean it in. It is already vroken in, and should be now fukky broken in. Do not leave it at factory setting, that is way too damn rich. Lean in but keep it a littl on the rich side, like an 8th turn rich from max performance setting. That alone hould unlock your wheelies.

also, as already said, crank that stupid spur gear slipper nut all the way down. that slipper slips way too much anyways.

Also, gear lower. Go with a 14T CB 52T spur. Your torque at your wheels will be multiplied even more.

Another thing, put thicker shock oil in your rear shocks. And stiffer springs too. The thicker the oil and stiffer the springs, the easier to rotate the nose up.

For the rear diff, take it out and drop in a rear locked diff if you have on. Both wheels getting power will also easily wheely. OR put in the thickest diff oil you can find.
Old 03-02-2009, 04:51 PM
huck ur rc

when i try to wheelie on pavement i usually just burnout and i have leaned it out
Old 03-04-2009, 11:47 PM
pt121

Could be because your tires are not gripping as well as they did when you first got it.

Patrick