Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

rc club??

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 10:16 PM
futureboy1969

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc club??

Hi guys, I wanted your guys thoughts. I thought of starting a rc club around where i live, with my rc buddies and some new guys in the area. We would meet once
amounth, get together and bash, work on or show off what ever projects your building. Checkout what new on youtube and RcNet.com. & other rc related stuff.
It would get use together every mounth. Cause it is tuff to get us all to gether at one time. Maybe even put money in each mounth. to save to go to a diff tracks
once in while for something new. And switch the place we meet each mounth. if we can. Does anyone out there have a club of your own? And of course have
a realy cool club name....lol
Old 02-13-2009, 11:09 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: rc club??

It's called a rc track. Then there will be a hundred people there instead of 10.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:31 PM
Moongoose

Starting an online forum for you guys to communicate can be helpful.
Old 02-14-2009, 06:48 AM
SIRCC

I know of two clubs on the East Coast, Groovy Drifters from New Jersey and Sirc Legion from New York
both clubs drift. [link]http://sirclegion.com[/link] [link]http://groovydrift.com[/link]
Old 02-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: Chris_RC

It's called a rc track. Then there will be a hundred people there instead of 10.
Why do you have to shoot down his idea and put it down how do you know that there will only be 10 people? Can you explain this to me?....Not every body is obssessed with racing as you are.. Some people just want to drive around and just bash and have a good time.. Not having to worry about anything else but having fun..
I personally think it would be a really nice idea and a lot of fun.. We do it at my LHS a bunch of us go to a open pit with huge jumps and just fool around... I would say go for it.. you would have A LOT of run..
Old 02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Access

IMO racing is a good way to get people involved, you get several bashers, even bashing together, at the same time and place, and most will naturally start to race each other even when bashing. Then people start to want a real track, they want rules that make the races 'fair', close, and competitive, in essence the bashers become 'casual racers' too.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:49 AM
SIRCC

A good way that you will get people involved is by meeting at parks, you dont need a big space, just a clean one. People will pass by and see the cars drifting and are going to wonder where to get one or even remember when they had one. RC track and clubs are not build overnight, another good way is to post a sign at your local hobby shop.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:23 PM
built2last2
My Feedback: (1)

great how do i join???
Old 02-14-2009, 01:31 PM
Chris_RC

ORIGINAL: Wild YFZ 450

Why do you have to shoot down his idea and put it down how do you know that there will only be 10 people? Can you explain this to me?....Not every body is obssessed with racing as you are.. Some people just want to drive around and just bash and have a good time.. Not having to worry about anything else but having fun..
I personally think it would be a really nice idea and a lot of fun.. We do it at my LHS a bunch of us go to a open pit with huge jumps and just fool around... I would say go for it.. you would have A LOT of run..
Looks like you have never raced! You dont think racing is fum? You dont have to race, alot of bashers come in on practice days and just play around at tracks.
Old 02-14-2009, 02:11 PM
Wild YFZ 450

ORIGINAL: Wild YFZ 450

Looks like you have never raced! You dont think racing is fum? You dont have to race, alot of bashers come in on practice days and just play around at tracks.
Yes racing is a lot of fun but so is just bashing around with friends and not having to worry about everything...[8D]
Old 02-14-2009, 09:30 PM
olkleaf

sounds like fun ... make sure you have extra parts and batteries with you .. tell your friends to do the same that way no one has to go home early.

racing is lots of fun if you have a track near you ... give it a try ... youll learn a lot, people are friendly, and you will make more friends in the hobby.

P.S. just becouse you race it doesn't mean you can bash every once in while
Old 02-14-2009, 10:42 PM
SIRCC

[link]http://SIRCLEGION.COM[/link] contact page, leave info I'll get back to you or go to BROWNIE'S HOBBY SHOP and sign up