Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

NEW TO NITRO

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Damo_MadTruck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default NEW TO NITRO

Hey, i have never owned a nitro before, so im probably going to buy a Traxxas Revo 3.3 soon. I really do not know that much about nitro rc, so could you guys help me out, i need like a begginers guide to nitro.

If there is a post like this already or a website thats all about how to use a nitro please send me the link.

Thanks,
Damian
Old 02-14-2009, 09:20 PM
olkleaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: NEW TO NITRO

welcome! to nitro!

well one of the best advise i think is to read your manuals before you try to run the car. the manual has the ansers to most of your questions and problems

there are a lot of youtube vids that talk about tuning and have very useful tips. look at them they help alot

well always be preparted to have issues, even if you watch the vids and read the advise you still lack experince so be paciant if things don't seem to be going your way. its ussaly a simple problem. like a low glow starter or a bad plug

try to have 2 extra plugs on hand at all times. make sure all your batteries in your equipment are fully charged(the glow starter is ussaly the main worry). oil your air filter and use after run oil. DO THE BREAK-IN!!
Old 02-14-2009, 09:26 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Damo_MadTruck

Hey, i have never owned a nitro before, so im probably going to buy a Traxxas Revo 3.3 soon. I really do not know that much about nitro rc, so could you guys help me out, i need like a begginers guide to nitro.

If there is a post like this already or a website thats all about how to use a nitro please send me the link.

Thanks,
Damian
Well Damo, nitro might seem like something daunting at first, but once you learn just a few basics, it becomes surprisingly easy.

Have a read at this thread on break-in, tuning, and care. It seems like a lot of info, but you will not regret learning it all.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm

For the break-in, I highly suggest you use the heat-cycling method described in this thread instead of the Traxxas break-in as shown in the Traxxas DVD that came with your Revo. All itro engines, even the TRX3.3, seem to like the heat cycling better than the Traxxas method.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:31 PM
HJJFFFAA

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: Damo_MadTruck

Thanks,
Damian
Well Damo, nitro might seem like something daunting at first, but once you learn just a few basics, it becomes surprisingly easy.

Have a read at this thread on break-in, tuning, and care. It seems like a lot of info, but you will not regret learning it all.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5517128/tm.htm

For the break-in, I highly suggest you use the heat-cycling method described in this thread instead of the Traxxas break-in as shown in the Traxxas DVD that came with your Revo. All itro engines, even the TRX3.3, seem to like the heat cycling better than the Traxxas method.
I can attest to the heat cylce method. It hasn't failed me yet. Besides that I actually find nitro to be easier than electric to modify, mess around with, and if you already have a background in automobiles then it's much easier to start up in compared to electric (atleast for me). Besides who can resist the scream of a miniature 2-stroke at 30,000rpms?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:51 AM
Damo_MadTruck

Thanks for all the tips guys. The link that savagejim posted looks really helpful, i havnt read it yet but i will soon.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Damo_MadTruck

Just to let you, i should have my revo in in about 8-9 days. CANT WAIT!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:25 PM
HJJFFFAA

If you really plan on bashing hard then you might want to get some RPM A-arms.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:32 PM
Damo_MadTruck

Nah, im probably not gonna bash it hard enough to break an a arm, i probably will though knowing me.