Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

1/8 RALLY TRUCK

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 09:28 PM
drum_n_man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 1/8 RALLY TRUCK

i just don't see my landslide being the "tough" monster truck type so i was going to build it for handling, little speedy.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:41 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As long as you have fun it doesnt matter!!!!! I always thought part of the fun is fixing and modding.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:02 AM
drum_n_man

yeah but not fixing the same thing every 5 minutes from easy driving
Old 03-12-2009, 12:30 PM
119werty

wow looks like mt buddys slayer is going to be having some compition soon. put me on the waiting list Eddie.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM
chevyderek72

ORIGINAL: firebird78

if its anything even halfway near in the same atmosphere remotely close to the landslide I wont buy one..lol

why?
Old 03-12-2009, 05:33 PM
firebird78

ORIGINAL: tihstae

if its anything even halfway near in the same atmosphere remotely close to the landslide I wont buy one..lol

why?

very easy....if I buy a 1/8th rc I EXPECT it to be TOUGH...I put my rc's through the ringer.....noway nohow would an ultralight even come close to even thinking about holding up to what my TRUE 1/8th buggies endure...
I'm not so new to this that I dont read posts and I gander at the other forum frequently....I mean heck look up just a few posts on this thread...you see a owner of a landslide say he knows his truck isnt tough....the ultralights have a thinner chassis...granted its only a 1mm thinner but when your talking a true 1/8th chassis is 3mm 1mm is alot....plastic chassis support?...you gotta be kidding me....

I know someone that has an ultralight....what I would do if someone sent me a free ultralight is take it outta the box, put old almost dead AA batteries in the reciever box, 1/10th of a tank of nitro in the fuel tank and I would jump it into the creek..

does that answer your question??
Old 03-12-2009, 06:25 PM
chevyderek72

ORIGINAL: tihstae

why?

very easy....if I buy a 1/8th rc I EXPECT it to be TOUGH...I put my rc's through the ringer.....noway nohow would an ultralight even come close to even thinking about holding up to what my TRUE 1/8th buggies endure...
I'm not so new to this that I dont read posts and I gander at the other forum frequently....I mean heck look up just a few posts on this thread...you see a owner of a landslide say he knows his truck isnt tough....the ultralights have a thinner chassis...granted its only a 1mm thinner but when your talking a true 1/8th chassis is 3mm 1mm is alot....plastic chassis support?...you gotta be kidding me....

I know someone that has an ultralight....what I would do if someone sent me a free ultralight is take it outta the box, put old almost dead AA batteries in the reciever box, 1/10th of a tank of nitro in the fuel tank and I would jump it into the creek..

does that answer your question??

Lol, have you had one? I think not. Thats prob his first rc car, what is he comparing to. So sure you can say they are crap, but you havent had one, so until you do try one out. Its just an opinion, not a very good one, but an opinion. What do you think people say about redcat and himoto, they arent durable and all that, but until you've had one you dont know. So sure, maybe they are super fragile, but you wouldnt know. You just think, and thats not enough. You cant go into a courtroom and think things and win, you have to have proof.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:41 PM
firebird78

do I own one??....no...nor will I ever own one...I have a friend that has one and we did some compersisons to it and the hurricane....so yeah I got the low down on them.... as far as my opinion not being a good one its common sense...they call them ultralights due to the materials used are smaller less beefy....not a good mix when you conceder the amount of abuse and speeds these run...

if you like chasing dogbones, stripped gears, bent chassis, broken chassis supports etc.etc..have at it....

noway will an ultralight take the abuse a true 1/8th will...
Old 03-12-2009, 07:38 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Default RE: [Deleted]

Ok guys, I've had to step in here and clean up this thread. I think that it's time for a small reminder about the purpose of these Support Forums. Support Forums are provided for a manufacturer/vendor to provide support for their product. They ARE NOT provided so that members can sit here and trash other brands of RC Vehicles. We don't mind the occasional mention or comparison posted, but the outright trashing of another brand is way out of line for these support forums. We here are RCU understand that Eddie does allow the Himoto Support Forum to be open so that the members can freely discuss issues here, however these forums still fall under the RCU rules. If you want to discuss problems with another brand of vehicle please take that to the appropriate forum, and not in here.

Ken
Old 03-12-2009, 08:09 PM
drum_n_man

Who bashed? I have stated problems I've had with my Landslide and noticed it was the same platform as this new rally truck and gave my 2 cents about things to be dome to it. I've said the same things in the Redcat forum and no one thought it was bashing. What did I miss? So please tell me what was bashed?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:27 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

ORIGINAL: drum_n_man

Who bashed? I have stated problems I've had with my Landslide and noticed it was the same platform as this new rally truck and gave my 2 cents about things to be dome to it. I've said the same things in the Redcat forum and no one thought it was bashing. What did I miss? So please tell me what was bashed?
What you have missed is that this is the Himoto Support Forum. It is not provided talk about other brands of vehicles. If you want to talk about problems with Redcat in their support forum that is what it's provided for. But this forum is provided for the discussion of Himoto vehicles. Even if they are similar platforms, this still is not the proper forum to bash the other brands.

Ken
Old 03-12-2009, 08:36 PM
drum_n_man

if you read carefully you will see I was not looking for support I was stating the fact that this new truck is based off of the same platform as the landslide. If I had a Himoto based on the same platform and it had problems I would use that as an example. The landslide has had issues I know of first hand. Redcat took care of me best they could. I never bashed them. We are saying we hope this new truck doesn't have the same problems and are letting them know what to look for on this new truck. Now I believe we have taken this off subject, now who is responsible for that?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:39 PM
Wildeman007

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

lol, I am hoping that its not, I think we will be offering the big block version, not the .18 version. I will have more info as I get it.
But that takes the fun out of making mounts and figuring out how to mount a slide carb in a rotary carb car. lol
Old 03-12-2009, 08:42 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

if you read carefully you will see I was not looking for support I was stating the fact that this new truck is based off of the same platform as the landslide. If I had a Himoto based on the same platform and it had problems I would use that as an example. The landslide has had issues I know of first hand. Redcat took care of me best they could. I never bashed them. We are saying we hope this new truck doesn't have the same problems and are letting them know what to look for on this new truck. Now I believe we have taken this off subject, now who is responsible for that?
It doesn't matter if you were looking for support or not. This is not the proper forum to sit here and talk bad about other product. Period.

Ken
Old 03-12-2009, 08:43 PM
ehroof

Seems there will be 2 versions, a 1/10 with a .18 and a 1/8 with a .21 or .28 in it. For now thats all i know.

Wildman, if you want, you can get the 1/10 and figure out how to put the big block with a slide carb in it, lol
Old 03-12-2009, 08:45 PM
drum_n_man

ok. I have a truck. i like my truck. it is the same as the rally truck under the hood. it has had issues with the dogbones. will this rally truck have the newer upgraded version or will it be more like that other guys truck? I can tell you what problem to look for on the new truck
Old 03-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Wildeman007

Yea i noticed on the hsp page below the other pictures there seemed to be smaller ones with a "spare tire" on the back. Is it really a working spare tire?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:58 PM
ehroof

ok. I have a truck. i like my truck. it is the same as the rally truck under the hood. it has had issues with the dogbones. will this rally truck have the newer upgraded version or will it be more like that other guys truck? I can tell you what problem to look for on the new truck

It WILL be upgraded, I will give it testing before we release it to try and make sure there are no design flaws.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:02 PM
drum_n_man

one thing i was telling those other guys is to not look at how far the suspension droops down but how far it goes up, that is where is was rubbing the cups and causing the axles to break. I solved most of the problem by using the shocks as limiters and not letting it go all the way up. my 2 cents.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:02 PM
ehroof

ORIGINAL: Wildeman007

Yea i noticed on the hsp page below the other pictures there seemed to be smaller ones with a "spare tire" on the back. Is it really a working spare tire?

i dont know, lol
Old 03-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Wildeman007

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

ORIGINAL: Wildeman007

i dont know, lol
Because you never know when you want do the baja 500 with your rc truck lol. Even though i think then i think youd have bigger problems like fuel range lol. You cant make it very far in 10 mins.
Old 03-18-2009, 01:43 PM
ranger4x4

this thing just hit my list of new toys"i gotta have" lol