Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Nirtro TC3 or Kyosho Super Ten?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2003, 08:08 PM
maxPower2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nirtro TC3 or Kyosho Super Ten?

Hi guys,

I'm a beginner and i don't know anything! I'd like to purchase a nitro rc car but I don't quite know what all the numbers mean yet. Out of these two cars which one is better? Which one has the better/faster engine?

$450.00CAD
Nitro TC3 kit (built in full wokring order)
Futaba magnum radio
Megatech M16 1hp motor
3 bodies (civic, wrx, '03 viper)
3/4 gallon of nitro race fuel
igniter

$400.00CAD
Kyosho Super Ten (Gas car)
2 bodies(Red NSX and White Porche 911)
0.15 engine with Futaba Radio control(am remote)
Full bearing tuning down-pipe
Titanium wheel shaft
Two set of tires (stock and foam) Super Star Rims.
The chassis is nearly NEW
The engine is with Pull start and light weight aluminum flywheel

Can someone help me out?
thanks guys.
Old 06-12-2003, 10:20 PM
Kridifur

Out of those two I'd go with the TC3.
While Kyosho "was" the best years ago, and I do myself own a Kyosho kit, the TC3 just seems like a better made car.
I have no personal experience with the TC3, but I've heard nothing but good things about it (from unbiased people).
I'd say you wouldn't be disappointed.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:01 AM
-tommi-

I would recommend against getting the Super Ten. Kyosho is good, but I assume you would want a car where you could go around bashing with the same class of cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, the Super Ten isn't 1/10 scaled, it's in between 1/10 and 1/8; spare parts wise, you might get some headache trying to get your hands on them. Furthermore, compared to the TC3, the Super Ten is a step behind in technology.
I personally own a NTC3 rtr, it is indeed a great car and worth the 50 bucks more I would say. Parts and hop ups are very easy to get, plenty of options to play around. Again, it's a great car. Go for the TC3, I'm pretty sure you won't regret a bit.
2 cents...
Old 06-13-2003, 05:08 AM
-tommi-

For a beginner, the NTC3 is one of the best car to start off. Through time, you will surely convert your NTC3 to a pro car with hop ups, so no worries on whether how fast the engine goes, they're pretty much the same. Although the Super Ten does look more attractive a deal, TC3 is just the more suitable and better one.
Old 06-13-2003, 05:58 AM
maxPower2001

Wicked... You guys are the best. You were all very very helpful. I'll definately go for the TC3.

thanks!
Old 06-13-2003, 07:10 AM
Kridifur

Originally posted by zorrk
I would recommend against getting the Super Ten. Kyosho is good, but I assume you would want a car where you could go around bashing with the same class of cars. Correct me if I'm wrong, the Super Ten isn't 1/10 scaled, it's in between 1/10 and 1/8; spare parts wise, you might get some headache trying to get your hands on them. Furthermore, compared to the TC3, the Super Ten is a step behind in technology.
I personally own a NTC3 rtr, it is indeed a great car and worth the 50 bucks more I would say. Parts and hop ups are very easy to get, plenty of options to play around. Again, it's a great car. Go for the TC3, I'm pretty sure you won't regret a bit.
2 cents...
Yep the Superten is just a tad larger than a 1/10 (230mm I think).

P.S: These forums rock! Months ago I knew nothing about RC, but by just browsing these forums I learned a helluva lot in a short period of time.