Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Rebuilding an engine and Kyosho DBX

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:34 PM
GlassBullet
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilding an engine and Kyosho DBX

1) I know nothing about rebuilding an engine so I would like to know the basics. Such as how often should it be down, what does it involve, and how much does it cost?

2) I had a nitro car last summer and it gave me a lot of trouble. Now I'm interested in buying a new one to get a fresh start and was looking at the Kyosho DBX. I know I want a 1/10 scale buggy (maybe a truggy, but not really). Is this a good quality car? Like is it durable? My main prospect is a car that doesn't break down and doesn't require much maintenance. Would this be the car for me?

and this is nitro powered right? i just want to make cause the site says GP which i think is gas powered.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Rebuilding an engine and Kyosho DBX

Every so often you need to take the engine head off (4 screws) to clean the head and the dirt that has built up. You need to rebuidl an engine every about 6-12 gallons depending on how good you can tune. Anywhere from $30-$150 depending on the brand. Dont worry about rebuilding for now.......

There are no worthy 1/10 buggies. In nitro, the only 1/10 nitro's you can get are stadium trucks (gas trucks) like the hpi firestorm, losi xxxnt and associated gt2. Dont even look for 1/10 buggies and trugies are they are all crap. From my sentences above, dont get the kyosho dbx. There isnt a nitro car that doesnt require much maintence, you are always tuning the engines and cleaning them. Nitro and gas powered are two completely different things.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:13 PM
GlassBullet
My Feedback: (1)

so stadium trucks and truggies are different? if so, could you please explain?

and by gas do you mean gasoline, or nitro fuel?
Old 03-24-2009, 11:36 PM
ST-R

theres nothing wrong with 1/10 gas buggys ive had my kyosho tr-15 for adout 4 years and i havent had to rebuild the engine once and its the stock kyosho gxr15 .
if you do go 1/10 gas buggy do go for the dbx over some cheap brand car although my mate dose have one and after the work we put in to it its not that bad a car and it dose go pretty quick .
oh and stadium trucks are 2wd and truggies are mostly 1/8th and 4wd