Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

gas car or electronic car

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:01 AM
anny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gas car or electronic car

In your mind, which kind of car is you like better RC gas car or RC electronic car?
Old 05-25-2009, 04:05 AM
Access

Default RE: gas car or electronic car

What are you asking?
Anything RC is electronic by its very nature, unless you have some other means of control (ie. a line-control aircraft). 
Old 05-25-2009, 04:16 AM
anny

Sorry about that, i just want to know the gas car toys and the electronic car toys, which one is better?
Old 05-25-2009, 07:02 AM
Smiff 24

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey anny, I have both nitro & electric (battery powered) r/c's
When its gonna be a quick run or play time Irun my electric ...
When Ihave more time to run, I usually go for the nitro !
For a beginer I usually recomend electric to start with.
Old 05-25-2009, 07:47 AM
locksmack

Pointless question. Neither is better, they are both very different.

Please do a search before starting a thread like this, there is literally hundreds just like this one.

Everyone has their own opinion, there is no 'better'.

Hobby grade RC cars are not toys.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:39 AM
olkleaf

it just dependes on what you like best. one is not better then the other.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:03 AM
rcnitrohead

Shut this thread down before it turns into a flame war.. What a pointless question to ask
Old 05-25-2009, 10:41 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I like nitro better, but that is just me personally. I have owned both and nitro is just more fun in my opinion.

Eric

Old 05-25-2009, 10:45 AM
scoobs92

no one can tell you what you want there is nitro fans then there are electric fans when it comes down to it the winner is what ever you choose i have both and they both have good points and bad points for one you have to buy nitro and glow plugs but you can run all day if you want  on the electric side you have to buy batteries charger but its alot cleaner than nitro but you cant run all day unless you have a good supply of batteries i perfer to work on electric its a bit easier IN MY OPINION go to you tube and look around and go to your lhs local hobby store and look around
Old 05-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Nitro Fumes

I like gas better. I don't do electrics at all. But its personal preference.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:19 PM
traxxaspede

i prefer electric. quieter, easier to maintain...but gas/nitro will have longer runtimes. if you a beginner electric is probably the way to go, ive heard nitros can be a pain to get running good and keep running good. and gas is usualy for large scale (1/6 or bigger) and those are quite expensive, so probably bad for a beginner. I'm mainly electric, but ive had the urge to go gas/nitro in the past, but i never have.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:37 AM
AMOUREDTANK

I THOUGHT THE WHOLE POINT OF A FORUM WEBSITE WAS TO BE ABLE TO ASK QUESTIONS AND GIVE ANSWERS WITHOUT RIDICULE..YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORTING FELLOW HOBBYIST NOT TURN THEM AWAY BY BEING AN @$$hole SOME OF YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GROW UP.. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH A THREAD DONT REPLY PLAIN AND SIMPLE
Old 05-27-2009, 05:45 AM
total3d

simple answer from a basher's point of view:

for a 1st time buyer,

if your going to use it for bashing, get a simple NITRO. less downtime, more speed, and generally more fun.

if you want to race, get an electric. less maintenence, cleaner to run and i guess it can be cheaper in the long run.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 AM
HomeDawwg

I agree.

I love mucking around with nitros, way more fun for bashing when you have lots of time. However in a racing situation, id rather spend more time tweaking the car and actually driving it rather than sorting out a tune and keeping it running reliably.

Old 05-29-2009, 12:37 AM
anny

As a new beginner of playing car ,  i will choose electric car, as everyone explains your idea about the gas car and electronic car, i think the electronic car is easier for me to play.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:09 PM
boomchank

I just figured that i'd add something after seeing so many threads like this over the years that it's not really a good question, in that it's too general. Like asking, what's better Ford or GM? I have had nitro's that are great, and some not so much. Same w/ electric. My BL Slash was ALOT of fun. So is my T-Maxx 3.3. But to answer the OP, Electric is probably the best way to go for a beginner, IMO. I had a few years that I wouldn't own a nitro because I thought they were too much of a hassle because I had a lemon that wouldn't cooperate. Now that I've gotten back into it after all the experience with the new electric stuff out there, I can't really say that electric is easier than nitro. One more thing. You can get more power for less money w/ nitro. I know b/c I put well over 1000 bucks into my Slash and it friggin' flew (too fast really), but my T-maxx is very fast and powerful for less than 1/2 the cost. Lipo tech is still expensive to do it the right way. Sorry to ramble. I always wanted to reply to one of these elec. or "gas" threads.
Old 05-29-2009, 11:59 PM
Druss

ORIGINAL: total3d

simple answer from a basher's point of view:

for a 1st time buyer,

if your going to use it for bashing, get a simple NITRO. less downtime, more speed, and generally more fun.

if you want to race, get an electric. less maintenence, cleaner to run and i guess it can be cheaper in the long run.

This is a little misleading... I personally don't find much "simple" about nitro and even you state in the next sentence that electric is less maintenance. I have more than enough batteries that I would never have down time if I didn't want any and which is more fun is a matter of opinion. Again personally, I don't find having to spend time breaking in and maintaining a nitro fun but I know others do.

The simplicity of an electric, plug and play, makes it better for beginners than trying to break in a nitro engine correctly.

In the end it's a matter of preference and you really don't know which you'll prefer until you've had a couple of both. I have more electrics than nitros but that's just because I bash in my residential neighborhood a lot.