Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
 Help with something to do with clutch or tranny >

Help with something to do with clutch or tranny

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Help with something to do with clutch or tranny

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with something to do with clutch or tranny

Here is what happens.

all the sudden when I give my truck gas it doesn't move. Sometimes it will though. But only for abouta minute or so. Then If I let it idle for a few seconds, it may or may not start to drive again. It revs up fine, but wont go forward. I tightened the slipper clutch and it seemed to work a little, but still has the same problem. Does this mean I need a new clutch bell and shoes? Or what do you think may be wrong with it. BTW, it's a Mini MGT.</p>
Old 06-08-2009, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Help with something to do with clutch or tranny

How many gallons are on the car? I would look for anything like driveshafts that arent connected as even 1 hweel driveshaft will cause it not to move. if not that, replace clutch shoes/springs/bearings. Is the engien idling like it normally does?