Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

New track in South Vienna, OHIO

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New track in South Vienna, OHIO

Hello,
Building begins on a new track located at 4133 Runyan Rd, South Vienna, OH 45369. Please google map the location to see how close the new track will be to you.
Some details of the track are as follows

4 Acres dedicated to track, at rural location.
ON-Site primitive camping.
125 x 125 Feet layout
2 Organized races per year, no club racing.
Pond for watering
Driver stand will be 40 feet long and stand 12 Feet off the ground.
On track watering system.
Euro style track build. Permanent features with landscaping.

I am in need of a track name, any suggestions will be considered and appreciated.

Any questions, please contact Robert Knasel at (937) 605-2578, or email me at [email protected]
Old 08-24-2009, 05:17 PM

Default RE: New track in South Vienna, OHIO

I'm sorry but that track is not close enough to me. Please move it to Barrie, ON, Canada. Thank you

In all seriousness though, it sounds like it's gonna be a great track. Hopefully lots of ppl come out and take care of it!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:55 PM

Here are some pictures of the property. We are starting to dig the pond the 31st of this month. The pond will provide all the water we want. The dirt on the property is almost all clay except for the first foot of soil.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yv65863.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	1263133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30542.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1263134   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm22087.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1263135  
Old 08-25-2009, 04:40 PM

Why no club races? That takes the fun out of a track real fast!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:16 PM

We are going to be on the road ourselves, going to all of the big races in this area. There is really no weekend open for us usually. The off weekends are usually just a good time to take a break and catch up around the house. I am sure there is no shortage of tracks in Cali. We prefer to go to larger races. One of the races will most likely be a Charity race. I am a Union Fireman and we are talking about having a MDA race. I am going to ask for the guys to come out and be volunteer turn marshalls when needed.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: rknasel

We are going to be on the road ourselves, going to all of the big races in this area. There is really no weekend open for us usually. The off weekends are usually just a good time to take a break and catch up around the house. I am sure there is no shortage of tracks in Cali. We prefer to go to larger races. One of the races will most likely be a Charity race. I am a Union Fireman and we are talking about having a MDA race. I am going to ask for the guys to come out and be volunteer turn marshalls when needed.
BTW, I am starting a track and the city requires me to make an ADA (american disability act) compliant drivers stand ramp. Since the container used as the base is 8 feet tall, that would mean a 160 foot long ramp with 4 switchbacks. The land is on city property and I am getting the lease but did the city give you any problems about that? They also want adsurd things like making the pit area concrete, and EVERYTHING must be ADA approved which would cost well over $10,000, not to mention the ramp would be impossible to build without getting an elevator. Looking for your insight......
Old 08-25-2009, 08:52 PM

Thanks for the heads up, I live in the county, This track is on private property, that I own. I hope to find a way to incorporate a wheelchair ramp someday. I know one of the tracks in northern ohio had a charity race event to raise money to update their local track to be wheelchair friendly.
Old 08-30-2009, 05:34 PM

Hello,
As mentioned previously, there is a new track under construction in South Vienna, OH. This track is located 35 minutes West of Columbus. Please visit out website and save as a bookmark. We will be adding pictures daily to weekly of the construction. Tommorow will begin pond digging and track construction.

Website is:

area54rc.com

Thank You

Rob Knasel
[email protected]
(937) 605-2578