Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Just had a great idea on what to do with my savage instead of selling it

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Just had a great idea on what to do with my savage instead of selling it

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Troopermanaic
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just had a great idea on what to do with my savage instead of selling it

I never really wanted to sell it anyway and now I might not at all because I saw the savage 5T.

I now want to convert my savage SS into a brushless savage 5t but I need input. I dont know what to replace. I do know I need a new chassis and some new drive shafts wheel hexes and wheels but I don't know if there is anything else I should replace other then the fact I gotta get a brushless kit also.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:20 PM
animalnut

Default RE: Just had a great idea on what to do with my savage instead of selling it

sounds like a pricey conversion in the end, would it be cheaper to sell it and get like an e-revo or something already set up for it, w/less work and piecing it up and hoping after all is spent it holds up and works as well or better, it has always worried me as I was grinding cutting and modding new parts!
Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 PM
rebuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Just had a great idea on what to do with my savage instead of selling it

That is a great idea............you will love it. The Mamba Monster setup(esc + motor 2200kv) is down to about $240 now. A couple of quality 3s lipos nowadays is about 90 bucks total. Heres a link of what one guy did.............i hope this is the same truck, if not it may give you some ideas. From what i have gathered, your drivetrain is strong and has hardened steel diffs, made for a 3 horse nitro motor.

http://www.rc-monster.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12088
Old 09-02-2009, 10:44 PM
mindwreck

Sounds good. those parts won't be too expensive. remember selling used RCs always gives back a lot less than you paid so I'd recommend you keep the savage. It looks pretty much like a normal savage but longer

all you really is:

the chassis plates.. that can't be much.
wheel adaptors... also pretty cheap.
longer center axles.. good reason to stronger ones while your at it.
wheels/tires.. going to need them for whichever truck anyways so this doesn't really count.

all said and done it should be awesome with brushless power.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:54 AM
animalnut

so if the cost isn't to bad would it cost the same to do a lst2? after lipo's and all total round about conversion minus charger(all of us already own one for something)
Old 09-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Troopermanaic

id rather have the savage 5t though it looks better to me.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:12 AM
larryf333
My Feedback: (2)

Convert the Savage and sell the parts you don't need, that way you recoup some of your expenses. Post pics as you go!
Old 09-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Troopermanaic

im trying to find savage 5t parts and its impossible. The other kits convert the savage to 1/6 when it has to be 1/5. The wheels will be too close together. I dont think it will be too hard finding shafts. The brushless system I have to hold off for 2 weeks. and even then I have to wait 2 weeks more to get lipo batteries and charger.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:00 PM
animalnut

so it is going to be an costly pita hope it works for ya!
Old 09-03-2009, 02:02 PM
SLAYERDUDE

I thought I heard they were only releasing the 5T in europe???
You may have to look across the pond to find the parts you need???
Old 09-03-2009, 02:11 PM
Troopermanaic

I just traded my Savage for a full flux blur system and 2 max amps 5200 batts. BUT In a few months I am gonna build one from scratch. This is gonna be a fun build. AND this brushless setup I just said is going in the savy 5t. BTW I am gonna go all out with it. Big bore shocks, cen racing 23mm rims the whole 9 yards but after the holidays. Keep me posted on the 5T I have to keep myself posted where they have parts because I might collect a few parts without anyone knowing =X