Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Want to switch shocks between cars

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 02:51 AM
Marines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to switch shocks between cars

I have an electric TC3 and an HPI RS4 3 SS. I was wondering if I can switch out the shocks from the HPI and put them in my TC3, and if that will work well? Are the SS shocks designed just for heavy nitro touring cars, or can they be used in my TC3. Also, I was wondering if I can only switch out the springs, if the shocks dont work out??
Old 06-29-2003, 01:36 PM
Concoursetegra

Depends, the shocks maybe the same size so you wont have to worry about it, but if they arent then ya do. I put a shock that was about a half inch longer on my tc3 and they work, so it kind of all depends.
Old 06-29-2003, 05:22 PM
Rex2342

As long as the shocks are the same length or at least close to the same length you can swap them out.I used one of the stock shocks from my SS on my electric RC10LS and it fits fine.
Old 06-29-2003, 06:28 PM
Shadow102
My Feedback: (5)

the springs can also be switched between the two just gotta whatch out if they are different lengths you will get different compresion
Old 06-30-2003, 01:34 AM
gmac4826

if they arent the same then im wondering if you can swap out the towers and arms to make them fit. would that be possible? i cant see why not