Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Fuel don't goes into carb !

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2003, 11:05 AM
Clamato

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel don't goes into carb !

When the time come to 'prime' the engine...the fuel don't up in the fuel line..when i rem the fuel line from the carb...the prime is ok but when it's connected to the carb it dosen't work ! what can i do for it ??? thx at all
Old 06-29-2003, 11:46 AM
Privdog

Default Re: Fuel don't goes into carb !

Originally posted by Clamato
When the time come to 'prime' the engine...the fuel don't up in the fuel line..when i rem the fuel line from the carb...the prime is ok but when it's connected to the carb it dosen't work ! what can i do for it ??? thx at all
remove the primer button and seal it up. cover the stinger with your finger(rag if its hot) and give it two short pulls.
Old 06-29-2003, 12:52 PM
Concoursetegra

on my super nitro rally my fuel tank primer button doesnt work, so when i have to prime i put my finger over the exhaust and pull slowly until fuel reaches the carb. One thing that has happened to me the was once no fuel would go to the engine, like a clog in the line, i took it off the engine and it primed just fine after that. If you are running an HPI change the fuel lines, hpi gives out crappy fuel lines.
Old 06-29-2003, 03:49 PM
Clamato

Ok , the problem is not with the primmer beacause i don't have one on my XXX-NT....i 'am miss expressed (its a word ? i'am a french canadian)... i put my finger over the exhaust and pull slowly until fuel reaches the carb..but when the fuel line is connected to the gard that dosen't work and when i unconnect it,,that work...i think it a carburator problem but i dont know why! the engine won't run......he don't take is fuel thx again and sorry for my bad english !
Old 06-29-2003, 04:07 PM
Drew360
My Feedback: (1)

Originally posted by Clamato
Ok , the problem is not with the primmer beacause i don't have one on my XXX-NT....i 'am miss expressed (its a word ? i'am a french canadian)... i put my finger over the exhaust and pull slowly until fuel reaches the carb..but when the fuel line is connected to the gard that dosen't work and when i unconnect it,,that work...i think it a carburator problem but i dont know why! the engine won't run......he don't take is fuel thx again and sorry for my bad english !

now that you mention that you have the xxx-nt i know EXACTLY what your problem is!

my friends was doing the same thing .what you need to do is turn your low end screw out until it is flush with the throttle arm. this is a good starting point, so you can at least get the thing started.

the problem is if you screw the low end all the way in and back it off 2 or so turns, it is still closed so no fuel will go into the carb.

trust me if you try what i said it WILL WORK. i have read on other message boards where ALOT (like 10-15) other people having the same problem, and the only way people could get fuel into the carb so the engine would run is the way i posted above
Old 06-29-2003, 06:05 PM
Clamato

Oh men I thx u
Old 06-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Clamato

Do i need to stay the low speed needle equal to the throttle arm ? or i need tu re-tigh her and put her at the compagnie adjustment ?
Old 06-29-2003, 09:19 PM
mailman

when you try to prime the engine dose the fuel move at all in the fuel line. if it does what happens when you stop priming. does the fuel go back into the tank or does it stay in the line. if It goes back in the tank you may have an air leak in your engine and if it stays in the line what drew360 said will work...if it does not work then you may have a clog in your card. then you will have to take it a part and clean it.
Old 06-29-2003, 09:27 PM
Clamato

i think a got correctly it... i try it now