Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

IF you kno alot about nitro's click here!!!!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

IF you kno alot about nitro's click here!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003, 03:41 AM
crazyman5550

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IF you kno alot about nitro's click here!!!!!

Hello. OK my friend think thinks that nitros are dangerous and that they can blow up and injure me but he hasnt owned one though. My parents belive him and want me to get an electric, I told them that electric are not as fun as nitro's. SO i need proof that they are safe and that they arnt all that dangerous. THANKYOU.................
Old 07-02-2003, 04:36 AM
rcharry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

uhhh............. i own one, and it hasnt blown up!
Old 07-02-2003, 04:43 AM
TC3

I have never had any problems with my Nitro blowing up. Even if some how they did blow up, it wouldnt be anything big. Just a small lil flame if any. Go with Nitro. Electric is no fun, plus I love the smell of Nitro burning!!
Old 07-02-2003, 04:51 AM
Rex2342

Nitro doesn't explode like regular gas does and the fumes are nowhere near as hazardas as Gasoline
Old 07-02-2003, 05:00 AM
JAEL BUSTOS

how old are u??
Old 07-02-2003, 05:17 AM
JAEL BUSTOS

theres a 7 year old kid thar races at me local track a team losi drake edition and ...
Old 07-02-2003, 05:52 AM
-tommi-

Tell your parents to stop driving cars if they think nitro are dangerous...
Old 07-02-2003, 12:23 PM
whitexj

Yup ive never had any problem and dont plan on it. Plus Ive never seen an engine actually catch on fire before so obviously it doesnt happen very often. The only way I could see is if you run up in the high 300 or low 400degree temps or its a really old engine.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:16 PM
gubbs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only way you're going to hurt yourself is to drive the thing into your ankle or burn your finger on the engine or muffler. I've used old fuel as lighter fluid (not smart, don't do it) and it made a really cool blue flame about 7 feet high but thats it.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:26 PM
Unstable

facts.

glow fuel is about 10-20% (avg) nitromethane 15-20% oil and the rest is Methanol.

the only dangerous portion of that is the nitromethane. but when diluted in methanol (methal alchohol) is not as volitile.

glow fuel is less likely to explode then regular gasoline. you are in fact safer when handling glow fuel then you are when filling up the lawn mower.

myths

glow fuel is highly explosive. it can explode in the right circumstances but it is more likely to burn then explode.

its the same they use in race cars. almost. top fuel dragsters use 10% fuel.... as in 10% methanol and 90% nitromethane the only reason they dont use 100% nitro is that they had a problem with engines exploding during runs... cutting the nitro with as little as 10% alchohol keeps this from happening. we cut our nitro with 80% alchohol.

electric is no fun. WHAT!?! no fun? granted glow is alot of fun but when you dont want the noise and the mess electrics are a blast. I have 2 electric cars. a RC10L pan car and a Losi XX and I have as much fun with them as with my savage.
Old 07-02-2003, 05:13 PM
HPIRS4-3SS
My Feedback: (2)

wont the fuel just catch fire? i dont think it will explode
Old 07-02-2003, 05:38 PM
volsstd

CALM DOWN PEOPLE

A nitro car won't catch on fire if you just drive them....store the fuel in a dark room with less moiture (or wathever you spell that) and your save.....actually I think a short cut and the burned platic are more dangerous with electric cars.

So let your parents read this!!!

GreeTz
Ben
Old 07-02-2003, 05:41 PM
Concoursetegra

the only way glow fuel will catch fire is either buy putting it on something hot(spilage if you miss the gas tank) or have it next to a direct flame. If a nitro engine were to blow up, then ur parents cars will blow up too.
Old 07-02-2003, 06:19 PM
RS4RACER

nitro cars are perfectly safe. I got my first nitro when I was 12. I have never been injured by my nitro cars or trucks and have never had accidents with them. never had an engine explosion. as for your friend, he (or she) needs to learn something about nitro before he(she) makes those assumptions.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:04 PM
bluefluffybunny

nitro engines do not blow up and the furl will only burn if you light it with a flame. they are good fun but less reliable than electric. if it is your first car maybe an electric is s good point to learn how to drive and repair a car. nitro engines can need careful tuning cause if you run them too lean you will wear them out but they will never explode. ihave run them for many years and know many people who have had them and never has one caught fine or blown up.
Old 07-02-2003, 08:31 PM
AznAbyss952

No problem with mine blowing up, and I ran my old engine to death. So unless you can drive worse than me, you wont have to worry about that, and your parents wont either lol
Old 07-02-2003, 10:48 PM
RS4RACER

nobody drives worse than me!!
Old 07-02-2003, 11:26 PM
crazyman5550

thanks for the help i just want my parents to read this thats all i kno they dont blow up its just i want my parents to belive me
Old 07-03-2003, 12:24 AM
RcCarFreak

hey i have about 7 cars, ive been racing for about 4 years. and ive never had problemswith them blowing up, they wont blow, the piston and rod will just bend if it extremely over heats!!!!
my fastest car ges about 90-100mph, and it never blows, if anything the engine just stops!!!
Old 07-03-2003, 12:43 AM
gmac4826

if you have and iq above 15 i think youll be alright. there isnt much dangerous unless you do something stupid. engines will burn up and over heat from running too lean but ive never seen one explode before...
Old 07-03-2003, 03:29 AM
crazyman5550

hey u know how parents are they care about there children but still mine dont know anthing about them so you have to accept that and tell them there wrong so i am telling them there wrong by this not by calling them stupid thank you
but keep the info coming its getting closer to my parents buying me one!!!!!!!hahaha
Old 07-03-2003, 06:50 AM
-tommi-

Sure hope we'll be able to help you get your hands on your very 1st nitro, don't worry, the engine won't explode, but it's sure an "explosive" hobby! And to your parents, it's also quite an educational hobby, I bet you'll have equal or more knowledge compared to your parents on engines and cars if you're into this hobby in the future. Good luck!
Old 07-03-2003, 12:34 PM
gmac4826

And another thing, not that this will persusde your paents but all that time playin video games will help youbecause you need good hand eye coordination.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:37 PM
crazyman5550

by the way i do play alot of video games and there all racing games and stuff like that. hey jael bustos i am 14 and no im not 7
Old 07-03-2003, 05:58 PM
BUGGIES_R_US

hes just saying that you could be as young as 7 and still do this.

I also want to point out that this is a HOBBY.. Your vehicle is NOT a toy!

So dont let anyone think that this is a toy. Many people like to think that my buggy is a "toy".. But when they find out whats involved.. all they say is "WHOA!!".

I thik your parents are doing whats natural. Heck I'm 21 and mine were scared too even though they know that I know what I'm doing. They wont let me keep the fuel anywhere biut the basement! But that works for me.. its cool and dark in there lol.
When they hear Nitromethane.. that conjures up a picture of those top fuel dragsters goin nuts! lol.

Make en understand.. but dont argue or fight with them. That'll make things worse.

ram

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.