Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

did i destroy my new engine!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 08:20 PM
cannouu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default did i destroy my new engine!?

i have a hpi 18ss. it had really big compressino and pinch. yesterday i built it and put some lubrication on it. it had really good compression and pinch when i pull the pullstarter. i kept on doing it casue i love teh sound it makes. i opened it and it had soem balck residue. i cleaned it and put more lubrication, then i kept pulling it again. now it feels like i lost pinch, and my compression lowered. did i destroy my engine!? help me please!

Old 11-01-2009, 08:59 PM
thef@st1

Default RE: did i destroy my new engine!?

i imagine if you pull the pullstart enuf without any fuel in there the lubrication might go away and you could be scraping the inside of your sleeeve. and if there is no pinch or compression you prob lost power but the engine might still run. i would say stop pulling the pull start unless you are starting it. causes alot of premature wear on parts than just the sleeve.
Old 11-01-2009, 09:11 PM
cannouu

Default RE: did i destroy my new engine!?

okay. i just looked online and hpi said that on one of their engine it has a oil on the sleeve that makes it seem like there is no compression. i put a silicone oil, i opened my engine dried it off from the oil and now it is really hard to pull again. so you think its maybe because the oil u put in made it a bit slippery because i worked it onto it from pulling it so many times? Hopefully thats the case.