Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

JATO 3.3 and OFNA Violator 9.5.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 03:11 PM
BlindObject
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JATO 3.3 and OFNA Violator 9.5.

So the story here is:

I have a OFNA Violator 9.5. I love it. It's nice and big, i installed a Axial .28 since my FORCE .32 broke it's crankshaft, and I don't feel like shelling out $50 to fix it. Anyway, I love the buggy, it's got a ton of torque, AWD, everything on it works nicely just like I want it to. But my friend is getting rid of all this stuff that he doesn't use it anymore. Including a JATO 3.3 with less then half gallon thru it and the whole front bulkhead/arms/hubs are all aluminum. It's got allt he stuff it came with when new(manual,catalogue, tools, radio, fuel bottle etc , and a new set of all the hardware and dirt tires. And he'd sell it to me for $150. Obviously it's a insane deal since it's in mint condition and it comes with a butt load of stuff. I would keep them both, but I'm sorta low on money and I'm trying to save up for a mountain bike for spring/summer.

So if it was up to you guys, would you rather keep the ol' Violator or go back to 1/10 scale* and buy the JATO and sell the buggy?

*When I said "back to 1/10" I meant that I use to once ride only 1/10 with a HPI firestorm, but that thing seriously had issues keeping a tune so I sold it and got the buggy.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:00 PM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: JATO 3.3 and OFNA Violator 9.5.

Keep the Violator.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:53 PM
misasi

After owning a truggy coming for a 2wd truck like the jato i don't think i could go back to 1/10scale gas. Id keep what you have.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:58 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Violator for sure.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:52 PM
quietnas1

I love my Jato but I now love my Savage more. I know it doesn't compare to the Violated but I would keep a 1/8 4wd anything now. Lol I'm finding it real hard to run the Jato now. Keep the Violator.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:27 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I think id keep the violator.

I like the jato quite a bit, but your buggy should be a 40mph machine, and it will be much tougher, and more capable and fun off road and jumping than the jato by far. Basically the only thing the jato has to its advantage is speed. I traded a Firestorm 10t to my XTM buggy, and this buggy is built twice as heavy as the firestorm, and its faster, and will really take a beating too. My firestorm was a really nice, clean truck, it just wasnt near as good all around as my buggy.

Eric
Old 01-27-2010, 04:07 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Agreed, the jato just is not tough enough. Violator for sure.

Or you could get the UlTimAte machine, a Tamia Frog !  reebit !
Old 01-27-2010, 04:48 PM
vpower

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

I love my Jato but I now love my Savage more. I know it doesn't compare to the Violated but I would keep a 1/8 4wd anything now. Lol I'm finding it real hard to run the Jato now. Keep the Violator.
doesn't compare to the violated ........................[&:]
Old 01-27-2010, 07:22 PM
quietnas1

ORIGINAL: vpower

ORIGINAL: quietnas1

doesn't compare to the violated ........................[&:]
Lol. Oops.