Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Just A Thought

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 01:29 PM
olkleaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Just A Thought

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

guys that race tend to buy for handling and not so much durability. where as basher its all about how much they can beat it and it holds up ... HPI and Traxxas are definately the best bashers, and losi and associated are the better racers. its like electronics .. a racer will buy a 300.00 Tekin ESC, 100.00 BL motors and 150.00 2s lipo's ... and tweak their timing up to get the most out of they're bl motor and as long as it perform's good for em they're good to go. 99% of all the racer's i know would not ever think of buying a RTR vehicle, only kits ... its all about what you want out of the hobby. racing or bashing, its all about the fun you have with the hobby.
sorry man but the toughest rc cars you can find are Kit cars made for the track. racing at the track puts so much ware and tare that a rtr car just falls apart (i know couse its happened to me). and if you crash rtr well youll be done for the day. i mean the only thing i have broken on my kyosho rrr because of a crash would be the rear hub in a season of racing.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:12 PM
piddlefoot
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What ?

Still tryin to work out the first post........ie........what ?
Old 02-11-2010, 11:47 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: piddlefoot

What ?

Still tryin to work out the first post........ie........what ?
don't feel bad when it was 1st posted I re-read it 4 times and am still semi confused on what he is saying in it
Old 02-12-2010, 12:09 AM
McWolf_101

Regarding my first post, I'm sorry for any confusion that was caused. I was merely stating the fact that I had seen and heard alot of bashing of one RC brand by fans of another RC brand. In doing so, I gave the examples of HPI versus Losi, Associated versus Traxxas, and Kyosho versus Redcat Racing. A later post by SavageJim speaks to the reality of 'fanboyism' in RC, and my own reply to this is the reality of 'fanboyism' in every technological aspect of life. This is basically what the first post was about.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:28 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: olkleaf

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

guys that race tend to buy for handling and not so much durability. where as basher its all about how much they can beat it and it holds up ... HPI and Traxxas are definately the best bashers, and losi and associated are the better racers. its like electronics .. a racer will buy a 300.00 Tekin ESC, 100.00 BL motors and 150.00 2s lipo's ... and tweak their timing up to get the most out of they're bl motor and as long as it perform's good for em they're good to go. 99% of all the racer's i know would not ever think of buying a RTR vehicle, only kits ... its all about what you want out of the hobby. racing or bashing, its all about the fun you have with the hobby.
sorry man but the toughest rc cars you can find are Kit cars made for the track. racing at the track puts so much ware and tare that a rtr car just falls apart (i know couse its happened to me). and if you crash rtr well youll be done for the day. i mean the only thing i have broken on my kyosho rrr because of a crash would be the rear hub in a season of racing.
dude you have no clue
Old 04-14-2010, 10:06 AM
Projectsix

I have a question for you guys.  Im new to the whole nitro trucks scene, and recently was given a 1/10 infinity Exceed rc truck.  What are your opinions and or suggestions on how to maintain it and get the most out of it?

Dan