Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

HELP!!! Thermoswitch Needed for Liquid cooled Tmaxx

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

HELP!!! Thermoswitch Needed for Liquid cooled Tmaxx

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2003, 04:33 AM
phootbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!!! Thermoswitch Needed for Liquid cooled Tmaxx

Hello. I need help in deciding where to put a thermoswitch for the cooling fan on my trxpro.15 engine and what temp rating to choose. Im using a perry pump to move the water. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2003, 05:28 PM
motoman93117

hey i m thinking of putting the nitro vee head on my head and running nitro through it you think it would work
Old 08-27-2003, 07:19 PM
drf

The thermo switch should be on the engine block outside where the cylinder is towards the upper part of it.
As close to the cumbustion chamber as possible.
When you figure out a way to attch it use silicon heat transfer compound to get a good thermal conectivity.
Old 08-28-2003, 01:16 AM
andy7079

Just wondering, what are you using as a radiator? I've thought that a 40mm pc radiator would be perfect, but I can't find one.
Old 08-28-2003, 02:46 AM
drf

I was thinking to make my pc watercooled at some pointas it was very noisy as I could not find a resonably price radiator.

I never completed so I did not need one in the end but the best possible solution I had find was the radiator that 1:1 car have for heating the cabin.

It is very big to fit in an RC car but you can cut it to size and give to someone that rebuilt radiotors to make it worthwhile again.

In greece(my home country) you can easily find someone to do it I dont for US and you can definately NOT find one in the UK.

The reason I picked heater radioator and not the one for the engine is the fin density. The heater one is much more dense thus better cooling of the fluid.