Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

battery and charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default battery and charger

ok so im about to buy a lipo and charger...heres the ones im considering....good choice...bad choice....???

charger:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...LXTCK1&P=M

battery:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...LXWFU8&P=0
Old 02-24-2010, 10:18 PM

Default RE: battery and charger

anyone....anyone....buler....buler????
Old 02-24-2010, 11:29 PM

Fry?
Old 02-24-2010, 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: searlesy

Fry?
what???
Old 02-24-2010, 11:57 PM
My Feedback: (2)

In Ferris Bueller, the teacher calls the name Fry after he calls Bueller.
Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 AM

lol....oh yeah....duh....stupid me i was thinking he was talking about the battery or charger...lol
Old 02-25-2010, 01:04 AM

I've used that battery. Not top of the line or anything, but I've never had any problems either. Performs ok for the price. I can get them locally for around that price, I think actually a couple dollars cheaper. One of the few things the LHS near me sells for a good price. I actually own the 2S version myself, and I know a couple people who have the battery you posted and they've had no problems.

I don't have any experience with that charger, but from what I've heard it's decent. The only issue I have with it (just based on specs alone) is that it's a bit feature limited for the price (based on other options out there). However, it does come with AC and DC power options, so no seperate power supply is needed, which may be well worth the trade off for some people. And the features aren't bad for the price, it just seems like I've seen better equiped chargers for that price (minus the built in AC power supply). So if you don't already have a power supply it's a decent charger option. But if you already have a power supply, or can get one cheap, you may want to consider other options before you make your descision. Just my opinion, but I like I said, I've never actually used that charger. So maybe somebody who has can comment on how great, or not, it is.

I'm sorry, I can't come to the door right now. I'm afraid that in my weakened condition I could take a nasty spill down the stairs. You can reach my parents at their places of business. Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your concern for my well being. Have a nice day!
Old 02-25-2010, 01:22 AM

Have you looked at these?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...&sortlist=

They seem to get a good rap, Ijust bought a couple, and a AC6 Charger from hobbypartz, but as yet, have not had the chance to try them out, so as yet, Iam just repeating the opinion of others.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:59 PM

ORIGINAL: searlesy

Have you looked at these?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...&sortlist=

They seem to get a good rap, Ijust bought a couple, and a AC6 Charger from hobbypartz, but as yet, have not had the chance to try them out, so as yet, Iam just repeating the opinion of others.

yes i did see those, but i didn't know anything about them....i knew that i had seen the other one b4, if im gonna spend the money id rather get a good one
Old 02-25-2010, 04:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

zippys & turnigys from hobbyking perform as well as the $100 lipos from what I read from people who owned them both.
I own the charger and it does a damn good job only thing is you need a external power supply.

Actually I just ordered 2 2200 3S packs for my airplane I'm getting the other day and am waiting for them
I already own 2 5200 mah 2s 30c hardcase packs
Old 02-25-2010, 05:51 PM

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

zippys & turnigys from hobbyking perform as well as the $100 lipos from what I read from people who owned them both.
I own the charger and it does a damn good job only thing is you need a external power supply.

Actually I just ordered 2 2200 3S packs for my airplane I'm getting the other day and am waiting for them
I already own 2 5200 mah 2s 30c hardcase packs

external power supply? what is the purpose of that?
Old 02-25-2010, 06:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the turnigy accucell 6 is 12v DC only for its power (no wall plug)
so it needs a brick power supply or a modified computer power supply (or even a car battery if you feel like using it)
Old 03-02-2010, 11:12 PM

ok so heres what i got

Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 PM

<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium; "><div style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Hey, my charger has failed, i am looking for a battery charger that charges at least 1-8 cells of Nicd, NiMH and 1-6 cell lipos, i would like to see a great working charger for under 80 dollars, any ideas? thanks.</div></span>
Old 03-29-2010, 01:44 PM

ORIGINAL: tkopper

<span style="font-family: 'Times New Roman'; font-size: medium"><div style="padding-bottom: 0px; background-color: rgb(255,255,255); margin: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right: 0px; font-family: Arial; font-size: 12px; padding-top: 0px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial">Hey, mychargerhas failed, i am looking for a battery charger that charges atleast1-8 cells of Nicd, NiMH and 1-6 cell lipos, i would like to see a great working charger for under 80 dollars, any ideas? thanks.</div></span>

the one that i bought will do all of that 1 - 14 nicd or nimh and 1-6s lipo....it also has a discharge feature...but it was 135 at my LHS.... you can find one for cheaper but it more than likely won't have a balancer w\ it....and you also can buy them separate and it will be cheaper....but a pain if you have to use both the balancer and the charger. it is worth it to spend the xtra on the one w\ the balancer built in.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:12 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i had a venom 3s 30c 5400mah lipo. lots of power. but it was $150(this was over a year ago)
but now i have 2 3s 30c 3000mah lipos(off ebay) that cost me $60 for both. together they give me the same runtime as the venom lipo did.
yes, the amps the cheaper lipos put out is less than the venom, but in my rustler vxl the performance difference isnt that much.
so for me, im happier with the cheaper lipos.
also, i bought a imax b6 charger. it charges pretty much any type of battery, balances lipos and can charge upto 5amps. but it was just $50 shipped.(that included a powersupply)