Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

what's wrong with these people

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:20 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default what's wrong with these people

I see alot of these people on the internet and in my local hobby shop too. They think they have the top of the line machines and think other people's are junks. This guy had a fully modded Savage and he was showing off to me..

...you know I have about $1700 into this truck, everything is top of line.. you see this... you see that...

and then there are people who 100% believe what you pay is what you get and criticize people for buying cheap Chinese stuff and be very proud of themselves. In some cases when the cheap stuff overperform their expensive stuff, they just can't accept the fact and still say they have the best stuff

I totally agreed with what you pay is what you get. But not everyone needs top of the line and have the money.

I just can’t take these people
Old 03-09-2010, 09:32 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: what's wrong with these people

i know what you mean.
im very happy with my cheap chinese $25 3s lipos. why should i spend $80 for a lipo when a $25 one give nearly the same performance?
not all of us that love the hobby can spend hundreds of dollars each month on rc. im lucky if i can spend $600 in a year! some people can drop that much to upgrade a single rc. doesnt mean that they have more fun than i do
Old 03-09-2010, 09:55 AM
theRCreverend.
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These egotistical goofballs are everywhere, seen many right here on RCU. I believe it's some degree of narcissistic personality disorder in most cases
Old 03-09-2010, 10:31 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i know what you mean.
im very happy with my cheap chinese $25 3s lipos. why should i spend $80 for a lipo when a $25 one give nearly the same performance?
not all of us that love the hobby can spend hundreds of dollars each month on rc. im lucky if i can spend $600 in a year! some people can drop that much to upgrade a single rc. doesnt mean that they have more fun than i do
we spend a easy 1000 a month plus travel expenses .... does that make us wrong? or bad? ... whats the deal with all you guys supporting the communist chinese by buying directly from them ie: hobbycity or hobbyking what ever it is. it has nothing to do with being egotistical .... and i suppose we are all bad if we "olld school been at forever racers" buy top of the line equipment, but we race on a larger level than just the local track .... if ya guys actually would support your LHS instead of china then they could afford to give great deal ..... this is a prime example of the problem with the hobby .. guys that don't really know much and think they know everything about everything ..... chinese crap is sub grade,sweat shop junk made by child slaves ... and for you info i have been known to "give" a racer thunderpower lipos or tekin bl motors cuz his off brand gave out ...
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my favorite was in a thread when the OP wanted a low cost good radio I mentioned the Eurgle 2.4ghz controller as a great radio, someone was bashing it just due to the name and said go buy a spectrum DX2whatever with telemetry...
IMO the name Spectrum and low cost do not go together.

Or people saying Turnigys are crap cause they come from HK, just like the batteries they pay 2-3X more for from a "american" company that has a $50 sticker put onthe $20 HK ones.

Hear the same on Hobbywing ESC's

IMO if I can get 95% of the performance out of my "cheap" HK product than out of a supposed name brand for under 50% of the price of the "Name Brand" I'm happy
BTW ever notice people who claim their product is superior never tried the HK ones they compare it to?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:36 AM
Spetz

To be honest I am into 1:1 car tuning and this happens there too to some extent. Except there we are talking real cars with real power, and I find it really funny and pathetic how people can have the same attitude with these little toys of theirs.

I like RC stuff a lot, but really, some people need to realize modding them and having "the best" is no big deal
Old 03-09-2010, 10:41 AM
MCSRacing

racing and bashing are two different animals .... bashing : your not looking for the 200th of a second that can separate 1st and 3rd
Old 03-09-2010, 10:43 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: MCSRacing

i know what you mean.
we spend a easy 1000 a month plus travel expenses .... does that make us wrong? or bad? ... whats the deal with all you guys supporting the communist chinese by buying directly from them ie: hobbycity or hobbyking what ever it is. it has nothing to do with being egotistical .... and i suppose we are all bad if we ''olld school been at forever racers'' buy top of the line equipment, but we race on a larger level than just the local track .... if ya guys actually would support your LHS instead of china then they could afford to give great deal ..... this is a prime example of the problem with the hobby .. guys that don't really know much and think they know everything about everything ..... chinese crap is sub grade,sweat shop junk made by child slaves ... and for you info i have been known to ''give'' a racer thunderpower lipos or tekin bl motors cuz his off brand gave out ...
hate to tell you ANYTHING YOU BUY you are supporting those "communist chinese". Almost anything you buy is manufactured in china or has parts manufactured in china. So anyway you look at it you are supporting Chinese "sweat shop junk made by child slaves". Just your paying more than the rest of us.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:44 AM
samguan

i know what you mean.
we spend a easy 1000 a month plus travel expenses .... does that make us wrong? or bad? ... whats the deal with all you guys supporting the communist chinese by buying directly from them ie: hobbycity or hobbyking what ever it is. it has nothing to do with being egotistical .... and i suppose we are all bad if we ''olld school been at forever racers'' buy top of the line equipment, but we race on a larger level than just the local track .... if ya guys actually would support your LHS instead of china then they could afford to give great deal ..... this is a prime example of the problem with the hobby .. guys that don't really know much and think they know everything about everything ..... chinese crap is sub grade,sweat shop junk made by child slaves ... and for you info i have been known to ''give'' a racer thunderpower lipos or tekin bl motors cuz his off brand gave out ...
LOL. Most of the RC parts are made in China anyways even though they are American brands. You are supporting the sweat shop too buddy. Get your facts straight.

And don't tell me that you non of your RC parts are made in China. We are buying directly from them. You are buying indirectly from them.

And this thread is not even being about buying top of the line. It is 100% fine and no body cares, it is about people like you who think you are on top of the world by buying those high end brands.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:48 AM
MCSRacing

thunderpower is in vegas
tekin is in idaho
novak is in california
losi is in illinois
spektrum is in illinois
AE is in california

hmm those all appear to be american cities and american company's ..... even parts for a harley are made over there .. but they still aren't a rice rocket
Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 AM
Argess

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: theRCreverend.

These egotistical goofballs are everywhere, seen many right here on RCU. I believe it's some degree of narcissistic personality disorder in most cases
Yep, although I see it as trying to make up for an inferiority complex.....or a small private part.

On the other hand, even more humble people tend all too often to think in black and white.....i.e. if it's not the best, then it has to be junk. I see a huge gray area in between where all kinds of decent products are available for a wide variety of budgets.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:49 AM
samguan

thunderpower is in vegas
tekin is in idaho
novak is in california
losi is in illinois
spektrum is in illinois
AE is in california

hmm those all appear to be american cities and american company's .....
LOL. Maybe you should look at some of the packagings. Walmart is an American company too!!!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:53 AM
MCSRacing

too funny ...
Old 03-09-2010, 10:59 AM
samguan

we should end this discussion. It's not going to go anywhere. I should not have even started this.

Anyways, I'm not saying buying top of the line is not good. When it comes to electronics like TV/Computer, I only buy high end brands.

But it's about those people who buy high end brands and think all other brands are crap and criticize people for buying them.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:05 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: samguan

we should end this discussion. It's not going to go anywhere. I should not have even started this.

Anyways, I'm not saying buying top of the line is not good. When it comes to electronics like TV/Computer, I only buy high end brands.

But it's about those people who buy high end brands and think all other brands are crap and criticize people for buying them.
AKA its about what MCSRacing did right off the bat
Honestly I think the thread proved its point way too fast

Now to go pick up my chinese junk from the post office that was made by child slaves.

MCS BTW Nike is an American company based near Beaverton, Oregon. Ever see the place Nike shoes are made and by what age group. Just because a company is in America doesn't mean the product they sell is even remotely American made
Old 03-09-2010, 11:05 AM
samguan

too funny ...
So you truely think that Traxxas hires well paid people with good working enviroment in the US to assemble your Traxxas Slash and make the parts in the US?
Old 03-09-2010, 11:06 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just let it go man, You wont win. I read somewhere that china now owns most of USA's debt. So somebody does not have a problem taking there money.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:07 AM
MCSRacing

nope and thats why ya cant get parts for the 4x4
Old 03-09-2010, 11:21 AM
MTboy

We are the world, we are the children, we are the ones to make a brighter day so lets start doing.. There are choices were making were saving our own lives...
Love the world man...lol
Some people have money some people dont. Everyone should just enjoy that theres ways for everyone to get into this hobby. Money and the things you have don't make you a better person or others less of one for getting what they can.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:23 AM
redfisher1974

You are very wise my friend.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:54 AM
MCSRacing

never mind
Old 03-09-2010, 12:12 PM
redfisher1974

oK
Old 03-09-2010, 12:54 PM
breezerboat

ORIGINAL: samguan

I bet you don't enjoy watching TV on your high end Tv any more than a guy on his low end TV either.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:21 PM
t-max97
My Feedback: (9)

thunderpower is in vegas
tekin is in idaho
novak is in california
losi is in illinois
spektrum is in illinois
AE is in california

hmm those all appear to be american cities and american company's ..... even parts for a harley are made over there .. but they still aren't a rice rocket

Yes the company's are in america and they design there products in america but have them made in china because it's way cheaper. My friend fixes coke machines and had to get a part for one and he could get it from the u.s for around $5.00 or he could get the same part same quality in china for around $1.00,thats why most things now are made in china.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Access

ORIGINAL: theRCreverend.
NPD only accounts for about 1% of the general population, though in certain areas it can be as high as 3%. What you are seeing in most cases is just human nature. It is in no way unique to this hobby. I see it in practically every hobby I am involved in. Immaturity, self-centered-ness, laziness in thought, conformity, in-the-box thinking, etc. Their stuff is always the best, the choices they make are always right, or at least more right than the choices someone else makes, their way of thinking and the way they view the world is not even worth questioning.

It is also possible for whole groups of people to breed a collective 'insanity' in a similar fashion, ie. a 'group narcissism' or superiority complex. Exclusive clubs, sanctioning bodies, rule-making organizations, trade groups, etc. The most prominent example in our hobby would be ROAR. In other hobbies/artforms/fields, things like the CCA, NPPL, RPGA, etc. come to mind. Fortunately these units tend to be rather self-limiting due to their inability to put the needs of the common hobbyist/player/etc. ahead of their own.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.