Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Did I read this wrong??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
MTboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Did I read this wrong??

I ordered a Mqamba max pro from tower that I got in the mail today. I opened it up to check it out and didn't find the QUOTE "Profiles can be custom designed on a PC with the included Castle Link PC programming software".

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXXWH5&P=ML
Can I get started without it?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:25 AM
The Hedgehog

Default RE: Did I read this wrong??

Yep you can get started without it no problem. The computer stuff is just for tuning advanced options like throttle curve, specific lipo cutoffs (stadard cutoffs are programmed) among other things.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 AM
MTboy

Thanks, I'm reading the manual now and seeing you can set it up with the TX. Just thought the link was included. Will have to invest in the field link when I can afford. Still waiting on motor and need to pick up some wire.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:10 AM
DaveG55

If I remember right the link is not that expensive, I think I paid $25 for mine and the software is online. It's real handy to have but, as was said, you can do everything from the tx. It's just more time consuming.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:45 AM
samguan

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just bought the Castle Link Field Programming card and I think it will be great!

You can change the settings without connecting to the computer and if you wish, you can also program it with your computer by connecting through the card.