Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Deans connectors vs Traxxas connectors

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Deans connectors vs Traxxas connectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 05:22 PM
geo8498

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deans connectors vs Traxxas connectors

Is there an advantage of Traxxas connectors over Deans Connectors? Almost all of my old trucks and batteries were standardized with Deans. I just bought a Traxxas Slash (first new electric truck in years. Retiring the old Duratrax Evader)
It seems that the Traxxas connectors are becoming the standard. Should I switch everything over to the Traxxas connectors, or stay with my Deans standard?
Old 04-17-2010, 05:37 PM
rufus2000

Default RE: Deans connectors vs Traxxas connectors

truth is Traxxas are much more easier to solder and have a larger surface which makes them easier to grip. I've switched from deans long ago since they came out and I have not missed them.
deans could still prove nice where a more compact high current connector would be useful, an esc to motor connection could be an example.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:20 PM
suburban_hooligan

Received 62 Likes on 58 Posts

there's no noticeable performance difference.  its all a matter of preference.  some say the traxxas plugs are easier to work with.  personally iv been running deans sense almost day one.  iv got no problems with them, never have had any problems with them, idk what everybody's beef is

Old 04-17-2010, 07:29 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some people prefer Apples some people prefer Oranges.
Can't really say one is better than the other. Its all whatever you like.

I have traxxas mainly due to getting a XL-5 ESC and swapping my stuff over.
Also the ease of soldering it played a huge roll.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:35 PM
skrilla

Don't both have less resistance than the wires on the battery? If that is so, the wires become the limiting factor, so one really won't have much of an advantage over the other in that department. If I'm wrong in my thinking I will happily take a slap to the mouth

FYI, I like traxxas connectors because I think they are easy for an inexperienced solder person like myself.
Old 04-17-2010, 08:40 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i use deans mainly because ive used em for years and never really seen a reason to change over to traxxas plugs.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:28 AM
rast4man
My Feedback: (10)

I prefer Deans for ease of soldering and use. Traxxas are good as well but with everything I have (batts, chargers, etc) it's just much easier for me to run Deans.
Old 04-18-2010, 12:35 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

I just swapped all my stuff over from Tamiya to traxxas plugs because they are much better, and I just think they will probably be the new standard. I have never tried deans, and im sure they are great too, but I just feel like if I go with traxxas plugs, it will be a little more standard than the deans.

Eric