Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Our brushless electronics manufacturer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Our brushless electronics manufacturer

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 09:37 PM
sick6stang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Our brushless electronics manufacturer

This site may be helpful to the Himoto electric model owner. This appears to be the home site of out Himoto electronics Manufacturer.

Home Page:
http://www.ztwoem.com/en/index.asp

Our ESC:
http://www.ztwoem.com/en/products.asp?sortid=1&cname=4

Our Motor: Click on the ZTW 540 Sensored Brushless Motor Spec for car/truck
http://www.ztwoem.com/en/products.asp?sortid=6&cname=9

Now my ESC is marked with a 2-4s Lipo 6-12 cells NiMH. I seem to think that the 4s lipo is incorrect. Everything in the manuals and on the ESC setup says 3s max lipo. Can anyone clear this up before we start burning things up. The ESC manual reads as follows:

Red LED blinks for 1 time to

select NiCd.

Red LED blinks for 2 time to

select LiPo 2S.

Red LED blinks for 3 time to

select LiPo 3S.

No settingfor a 4s lipo???

Old 06-14-2010, 11:25 PM
bkfamily1
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Our brushless electronics manufacturer

looking at the ESC manual Eddie sent (and I posted in the Vega8 thread), there is no setting for battery type - the ESC figures out the number of cells based on voltage it sees

also, check out the info from Joacim who is running (2) 2S in series to get in effect a 4S - and it is working for him

I looked at a bunch of that ZTW stuff also, and could not really find the exact ESC we have - in the table your link goes to, there is not an 80A ESC
Old 06-15-2010, 02:49 AM
Joacim

Atleast on the Himoto cars i have, 1:10 scale buggys brushless ESCs are Feigao 60A sensored, 1:8 buggy is Hobbywing 80A.

Old 06-15-2010, 10:38 PM
sick6stang

Our ESC has to be set to the lipo being used.Actually the setting goesup to a 6s lipo setting. Yes I was able to run the buggy on a 4s lipo at half throttle maybe easing into a 3/4 throttle. Anything after that thebuggy would slam on the breaks like it hit a cutoff setting. Our ESC is both sensored and sensorless.It needs to be in the sensorless mode to program it. All you have to do is unplug the sensor plug from either the motor or the ESC. I recomend unplugging the motor side.

I have seen the videos. I wonder if both batteries were hooked up in a series, or parallel? I hooked up a straight 4s and telling by the videos, mine was a hell of a lot faster even at half throttle. We gunned it at 57mph and it was acting funny.

Old 06-16-2010, 05:59 AM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Joacim

Atleast on the Himoto cars i have, 1:10 scale buggys brushless ESCs are Feigao 60A sensored, 1:8 buggy is Hobbywing 80A.

Yours came with a hobby wing but thiers has the ztw esc, yours is an earlier version, same in everyway as theirs just the esc is different.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:54 AM
Joacim

I hope the ZTW is better then! but all himoto components have improved over time, so i would be surpriced if its not better and actually works as it supose to do.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:11 PM
sick6stang

Upon searching the ZTW components, I think Himoto is labeling them as a 80amp ESC with a max of a 4s lipo, even though it looks a lot like the 85 or 100 amp ESC. Either way my ESC can go up to a 6s on the settings. As a precautionary measure I bet Himoto listed it as a 4s 80smp ESC to prevent people from over loading the electric components by running full bore on the electronics. As we all know, We like to push everything. LOL This is more or less some (insurance) for the company in my opinion.