RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   beginner question. if you are left handed, how do you use the pistol transmitter (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10043647-beginner-question-if-you-left-handed-how-do-you-use-pistol-transmitter.html)

mxaexm 10-02-2010 10:02 PM

beginner question. if you are left handed, how do you use the pistol transmitter

if you are left handed-how do you use the pistol transmitter?

johndavis 10-02-2010 10:33 PM

RE: beginner question. if you are left handed, how do you use the pistol transmitter

ive never seen one with the steering on the left side. but that dont mean they dont make it. i would find a cheap used tx and experiment with it

HJJFFFAA 10-02-2010 10:49 PM

RE: beginner question. if you are left handed, how do you use the pistol transmitter

most quality radio systems are configurable for left handed operation.

ImpalaPolicePack 10-02-2010 11:53 PM

im left handed and simply learned to drive with my right hand...

13BT 10-03-2010 01:49 AM

The same way right handers use the pistol transmitter.

rooker 10-03-2010 05:57 AM

That was cold, 13   [X(]

Lefties are messed up anyway.  I dated a lefthanded girl once.  CRAZY</p>

redfisher1974 10-03-2010 06:21 AM

Hey lefties have rights too!

tommygun32 10-03-2010 06:28 AM

If your transmitter isn't dual configureable....here's what I've seen others do.

Hold the transmitter in your right hand, right elbow at your side, arm bent at about 45 degress up. Now swing your hand towards you to the left till it hits the center of your chest, fold your left hand in towards the steering knob. This also acts as a sort of cradle as well. Probably takes a bit of getting used to...but then again, so does controlling any rc...

Good luck.

13BT 10-03-2010 06:38 AM

Sorry, I didnt mean to be so blunt.

Its just I have never heard of any lefties having problems with pistol transmitters before. Lefties seem to have no problem with stick after all.

I have seen a kid hold a pistol grip in his right hand in front of him such that the wheel is facing forward. Then his left hand comes in front and steers.

mxaexm 10-03-2010 08:00 AM

Thanks a lot guys.

tommygun32 10-03-2010 12:30 PM

Let us know how it goes....;)

xDIRTYSOUTHx 10-03-2010 07:11 PM

ORIGINAL: mxaexm

if you are left handed-how do you use the pistol transmitter?

Hold it upside down? http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...ngue_smile.gif

nitrosportsandrunner 10-03-2010 07:49 PM

seems like i have seen(or owned) a radio once that you could put the steering wheel on either side. but maybe it was a toy-grade?

ERK419 10-03-2010 10:10 PM

I'm left handed and I never really thought about it, it just feels right to me. Same way when I'm fishing I fish right handed. I don't think I could fish or hold a pistol transmitter left handed if I tried it would feel to weird.

Lars from Norway 10-04-2010 06:13 AM

I have a Futaba 3PK where the steering wheel can be mounted on the left side. I think the same can be done on my 4PK aswell.

cenracer1 10-04-2010 10:14 AM

depending on the radio, they do make transmitters where the wheel can be moved to the other side.. The RTR transmitters unless I haven't seen one are all set for right handed use.. It really doesn't make that much difference however...If you are just picking up one for the first time you won't really care..

Lars from Norway 10-04-2010 11:12 AM

What if it was a stick radio, would you have change the sticks around?:D

rasper 10-04-2010 11:56 AM

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

What if it was a stick radio, would you have change the sticks around?:D
what a bad statement Lars.......l They use stickers for direction:D

Shenanigans 10-04-2010 02:43 PM

Im left handed.  Just learn to steer with your right hand. 

Lars from Norway 10-04-2010 03:07 PM

Just curious; is that really something to learn? What if all transmitters had the steering wheel on the left side, would that be something to learn for me as i am right handed? After all we are not born with a transmitter in our hand?:)

xDIRTYSOUTHx 10-04-2010 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

Just curious; is that really something to learn? What if all transmitters had the steering wheel on the left side, would that be something to learn for me as i am right handed? After all we are not born with a transmitter in our hand?:)
If that were true i would hold it the same(held in left hand) and simply give it the ole reach around..

GAYDARALERT! http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...used_smile.gif

nitrosportsandrunner 10-04-2010 07:40 PM

i let a buddy drive my emaxx this past weekend. he has never driven a hobby grade rc. MAN DID HE SUCK! he kept getting confused and steering in the opposite direction from what he wanted to do. he is right handed, some people just dont have the eye-hand coordination. fortunately, the mighty emaxx survived his poor driving skillz:)

SyCo_VeNoM 10-04-2010 08:39 PM

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i let a buddy drive my emaxx this past weekend. he has never driven a hobby grade rc. MAN DID HE SUCK! he kept getting confused and steering in the opposite direction from what he wanted to do. he is right handed, some people just dont have the eye-hand coordination. fortunately, the mighty emaxx survived his poor driving skillz:)
should have just hit the servo reverse switch ;)

Steve. 10-05-2010 07:51 PM

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

im left handed and simply learned to drive with my right hand...

Me too, been driving "righty" for 25 years now. Tried a lefty radio a while back and it felt foreign to me.