Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car General Discussions
Reload this Page >

beginner question. if you are left handed, how do you use the pistol transmitter

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

beginner question. if you are left handed, how do you use the pistol transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 10:02 PM
mxaexm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beginner question. if you are left handed, how do you use the pistol transmitter

if you are left handed-how do you use the pistol transmitter?
Old 10-02-2010, 10:33 PM
johndavis

Default RE: beginner question. if you are left handed, how do you use the pistol transmitter

ive never seen one with the steering on the left side. but that dont mean they dont make it. i would find a cheap used tx and experiment with it
Old 10-02-2010, 10:49 PM
HJJFFFAA

Default RE: beginner question. if you are left handed, how do you use the pistol transmitter

most quality radio systems are configurable for left handed operation.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:53 PM
ImpalaPolicePack

im left handed and simply learned to drive with my right hand...
Old 10-03-2010, 01:49 AM
13BT

The same way right handers use the pistol transmitter.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:57 AM
rooker
My Feedback: (1)

That was cold, 13   [X(]

Lefties are messed up anyway.  I dated a lefthanded girl once.  CRAZY

Old 10-03-2010, 06:21 AM
redfisher1974

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey lefties have rights too!
Old 10-03-2010, 06:28 AM
tommygun32

If your transmitter isn't dual configureable....here's what I've seen others do.

Hold the transmitter in your right hand, right elbow at your side, arm bent at about 45 degress up. Now swing your hand towards you to the left till it hits the center of your chest, fold your left hand in towards the steering knob. This also acts as a sort of cradle as well. Probably takes a bit of getting used to...but then again, so does controlling any rc...

Good luck.
Old 10-03-2010, 06:38 AM
13BT

Sorry, I didnt mean to be so blunt.

Its just I have never heard of any lefties having problems with pistol transmitters before. Lefties seem to have no problem with stick after all.

I have seen a kid hold a pistol grip in his right hand in front of him such that the wheel is facing forward. Then his left hand comes in front and steers.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:00 AM
mxaexm

Thanks a lot guys.
Old 10-03-2010, 12:30 PM
tommygun32

Let us know how it goes....
Old 10-03-2010, 07:11 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: mxaexm

if you are left handed-how do you use the pistol transmitter?
Hold it upside down?

Old 10-03-2010, 07:49 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

seems like i have seen(or owned) a radio once that you could put the steering wheel on either side. but maybe it was a toy-grade?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:10 PM
ERK419

I'm left handed and I never really thought about it, it just feels right to me. Same way when I'm fishing I fish right handed. I don't think I could fish or hold a pistol transmitter left handed if I tried it would feel to weird.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:13 AM
Lars from Norway

I have a Futaba 3PK where the steering wheel can be mounted on the left side. I think the same can be done on my 4PK aswell.
Old 10-04-2010, 10:14 AM
cenracer1

depending on the radio, they do make transmitters where the wheel can be moved to the other side.. The RTR transmitters unless I haven't seen one are all set for right handed use.. It really doesn't make that much difference however...If you are just picking up one for the first time you won't really care..
Old 10-04-2010, 11:12 AM
Lars from Norway

What if it was a stick radio, would you have change the sticks around?
Old 10-04-2010, 11:56 AM
rasper

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

What if it was a stick radio, would you have change the sticks around?
what a bad statement Lars.......l They use stickers for direction

Old 10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Im left handed.  Just learn to steer with your right hand. 
Old 10-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Lars from Norway

Just curious; is that really something to learn? What if all transmitters had the steering wheel on the left side, would that be something to learn for me as i am right handed? After all we are not born with a transmitter in our hand?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:33 PM
xDIRTYSOUTHx

ORIGINAL: Lars from Norway

Just curious; is that really something to learn? What if all transmitters had the steering wheel on the left side, would that be something to learn for me as i am right handed? After all we are not born with a transmitter in our hand?
If that were true i would hold it the same(held in left hand) and simply give it the ole reach around..

GAYDARALERT!

Old 10-04-2010, 07:40 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i let a buddy drive my emaxx this past weekend. he has never driven a hobby grade rc. MAN DID HE SUCK! he kept getting confused and steering in the opposite direction from what he wanted to do. he is right handed, some people just dont have the eye-hand coordination. fortunately, the mighty emaxx survived his poor driving skillz
Old 10-04-2010, 08:39 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

i let a buddy drive my emaxx this past weekend. he has never driven a hobby grade rc. MAN DID HE SUCK! he kept getting confused and steering in the opposite direction from what he wanted to do. he is right handed, some people just dont have the eye-hand coordination. fortunately, the mighty emaxx survived his poor driving skillz
should have just hit the servo reverse switch
Old 10-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Steve.

ORIGINAL: impalapolicepack

im left handed and simply learned to drive with my right hand...

Me too, been driving "righty" for 25 years now. Tried a lefty radio a while back and it felt foreign to me.