RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Custom Made RC Bodies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/10838359-custom-made-rc-bodies.html)

Ti-Noir 02-24-2017 04:55 PM

I would love to have a 1958 Fury body (Christine)

darkbibble 02-27-2017 07:15 AM

the cars i would love would be, christine 1958 fury, delorean, and KITT from the origonal knight rider also the geneal lee (dukes of hazzard)

pierceth_horizon 07-13-2020 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by narwalrus (Post 10838359)
I've been thinking of trying to start making lexan RC bodies. I have a few different questions and would like to get feedback.
Sculpting: I would have to sculpt the bodies myself. I was thinking to charge $100-$150 to have a body custom sculpted. I could of course reuse them, but perhaps the price could vary by potential reuse and detail of the body?
Bodies: What kind of bodies would you want? I mainly am thinking 190/200mm onroad, but would you be interested in having others made?
Decals: Would you care if decals are included or not?
Painting: Would you want to be able to purchase bodies pre painted/pre decaled?
Thats all, I'd love to have some feedback! Thank you!

could you make a 65 Chevy c10 stepside??

[email protected] 09-15-2023 04:47 PM

I need a body for a redcat racing blackout XBE pro that i customized and can hit 70mph. I had to remove the body panels (they are separate panels screwed into the rollcage) because the front acts like a wing and flips the truck. need help please

kistner 09-15-2023 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by [email protected] (Post 12783426)
I need a body for a redcat racing blackout XBE pro that i customized and can hit 70mph. I had to remove the body panels (they are separate panels screwed into the rollcage) because the front acts like a wing and flips the truck. need help please

​​​​​​​dude, OP hasn't posted in thia thread since 2011. Not saying he isn't making rc bodies still, but that's a long time ago.....

stampede85 10-28-2023 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by 1QwkSport2.5r (Post 10838855)
The better and cheaper way to do it would be make a master mold (which would need to be "carved/sculpted") and use a vacuum forming table. I personally would never be able to afford spending $100+ on a custom body. If I were to do a custom body, I would make it out of fiberglass. I have a block of foam I started carving for this exact purpose, a Chevrolet S-10.

Great idea, but I think the price tag you listed is too high for the general public to come flocking to you for a body. Its cheaper to spend the $30 and buy one off the shelf and paint it or have it painted, IMO.

Not bashing, just being realistic.

A S-10 body would be great, they are very common and people have made everything from lowriders to mud trucks with them.