RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Best way to ship a rc truck (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/11686015-best-way-ship-rc-truck.html)

tazzzz 12-25-2020 08:25 AM

Best way to ship a rc truck

What’s the best way to ship any car or truck,,,say like a kraton or rustler etc,,,,and what is the cost of doing so..I’ve never shipped one before,,,I’m just trying to get a feel of the cost and what the cheapest way to ship. And with what shipper...thanks guys 🇺🇸👈

RustyUs 12-25-2020 03:40 PM

That's easy...USPS Priority Mail!!

RustyUs 12-25-2020 03:55 PM

It's normally cheaper for me to send something Priority Mail than it is to use Parcel Select/Ground when sending across the US. It all depends on size and weight. Print the label, and schedule a pickup...it doesn't get any easier. I'd say 95% of the time, when the package is over 13oz. and can't use 1st Class Package as an option, I will use Priority Mail.

bill_delong 12-26-2020 09:03 AM

USPS can sometimes be the least expensive option but I often find that UPS ground can do it for $5+ cheaper when the package goes above 5-8 pounds.

I use PayPal which also gives you a discount, you can quickly change providers to see who is cheaper:

Create Shipping Label - PayPal

Very important that size/weight are key, cut the box down to the smallest size possible, remove wheels if necessary to get the box smaller, making sure there is absolutely no dead space in the box... remove batteries or anything not necessary to ship that would increase the weight... sometimes I will split into 2 different boxes to ship lower weight for significantly less cost... I want to say the original quote was close to $35 to ship as a single box, but then it was $15 and $8 to ship separately... most of the cars I ship tend to average around $20 - $25 to ship but it all depends on the distance, if they are in the same state it might only cost $10 to ship, but if going to Maine, the same box might cost $40.

Marcuscirr 01-12-2021 01:14 PM

I agree with what other say. Priority Mail is mostly cheaper but i mostly ship my car/truck using Citizenshipper. They are also one of reputed company and my reason for choosing them is safety of my automobile.
Every loves its vehicle and i am not apart that's why i always ensure that my vehicle shipped without any damage.

And talking about cost then its depend on various factor like : distance, mode etc.

Scander 01-25-2021 12:12 PM

I tried to use the shippers years back. In a way it is justified as it saves gas and time. But a few times I had more cargo than expected, so had to order them twice and it doubled the price of course. So now I am thinking of buying a big car as my property and whenever I need to relocate anything, be it furniture, spare parts or even house elements, I will see no trouble.

NatalyKusto 03-17-2023 05:55 AM

Yo, shipping an rc truck can be a challenge, but there are certainly options. As for the cost, it really depends on the size and weight of the truck, as well as the distance it needs to travel.

Uranusman 03-17-2023 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by NatalyKusto (Post 12765840)
Yo, shipping an rc truck can be a challenge, but there are certainly options. As for the cost, it really depends on the size and weight of the truck, as well as the distance it needs to travel.

But overall, you can expect to pay a decent amount for the delivery. As for the cheapest delivery method, you might want to use the internet to compare the rates of different carriers. The last time I used cross country auto transport, I used Hipaa and was very satisfied. I wish you good luck, and I am sure you will find what you seek.

renardanderson 06-09-2023 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by tazzzz (Post 12652624)
What’s the best way to ship any car or truck,,,say like a kraton or rustler etc,,,,and what is the cost of doing so..I’ve never shipped one before,,,I’m just trying to get a feel of the cost and what the cheapest way to ship. And with what shipper...thanks guys 🇺🇸👈

It all depends on size and weight. Print the label, and schedule a pickup...it doesn't get any easier. I'd say 95% of the time, when the package is over 13oz.

renardanderson 06-10-2023 08:41 AM

t all depends on size and weight. Print the label, and schedule a pickup...it doesn't get any easier. I'd say 95% of the time, when the package is over 13oz.

Spuffyme 12-28-2023 12:39 PM

For cost estimates, it's best to get quotes tailored to your specific needs. Factors like vehicle size, distance, and shipping method impact the cost. Some carriers offer open or enclosed transport, affecting pricing too.

Spuffyme 12-30-2023 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by Spuffyme (Post 12790980)
For cost estimates, it's best to get quotes tailored to your specific needs. Factors like vehicle size, distance, and shipping method impact the cost. Some carriers offer open or enclosed transport, affecting pricing too.

Hey! Shipping a car or truck like a Kraton or Rustler can vary in cost depending on factors like distance and carrier.