Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Best way to ship a rc truck

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2020, 08:25 AM
tazzzz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best way to ship a rc truck

What’s the best way to ship any car or truck,,,say like a kraton or rustler etc,,,,and what is the cost of doing so..I’ve never shipped one before,,,I’m just trying to get a feel of the cost and what the cheapest way to ship. And with what shipper...thanks guys 🇺🇸👈
Old 12-25-2020, 03:40 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

That's easy...USPS Priority Mail!!
Old 12-25-2020, 03:55 PM
RustyUs

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts

It's normally cheaper for me to send something Priority Mail than it is to use Parcel Select/Ground when sending across the US. It all depends on size and weight. Print the label, and schedule a pickup...it doesn't get any easier. I'd say 95% of the time, when the package is over 13oz. and can't use 1st Class Package as an option, I will use Priority Mail.

Last edited by RustyUs; 12-25-2020 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-26-2020, 09:03 AM
bill_delong

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts

USPS can sometimes be the least expensive option but I often find that UPS ground can do it for $5+ cheaper when the package goes above 5-8 pounds.

I use PayPal which also gives you a discount, you can quickly change providers to see who is cheaper:

Create Shipping Label - PayPal

Very important that size/weight are key, cut the box down to the smallest size possible, remove wheels if necessary to get the box smaller, making sure there is absolutely no dead space in the box... remove batteries or anything not necessary to ship that would increase the weight... sometimes I will split into 2 different boxes to ship lower weight for significantly less cost... I want to say the original quote was close to $35 to ship as a single box, but then it was $15 and $8 to ship separately... most of the cars I ship tend to average around $20 - $25 to ship but it all depends on the distance, if they are in the same state it might only cost $10 to ship, but if going to Maine, the same box might cost $40.
Old 01-12-2021, 01:14 PM
Marcuscirr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with what other say. Priority Mail is mostly cheaper but i mostly ship my car/truck using Citizenshipper. They are also one of reputed company and my reason for choosing them is safety of my automobile.
Every loves its vehicle and i am not apart that's why i always ensure that my vehicle shipped without any damage.

And talking about cost then its depend on various factor like : distance, mode etc.
Old 01-25-2021, 12:12 PM
Scander

I tried to use the shippers years back. In a way it is justified as it saves gas and time. But a few times I had more cargo than expected, so had to order them twice and it doubled the price of course. So now I am thinking of buying a big car as my property and whenever I need to relocate anything, be it furniture, spare parts or even house elements, I will see no trouble.
Old 03-17-2023, 05:55 AM
NatalyKusto

Yo, shipping an rc truck can be a challenge, but there are certainly options. As for the cost, it really depends on the size and weight of the truck, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
Old 03-17-2023, 06:16 AM
Uranusman

Originally Posted by NatalyKusto
Yo, shipping an rc truck can be a challenge, but there are certainly options. As for the cost, it really depends on the size and weight of the truck, as well as the distance it needs to travel.
But overall, you can expect to pay a decent amount for the delivery. As for the cheapest delivery method, you might want to use the internet to compare the rates of different carriers. The last time I used cross country auto transport, I used Hipaa and was very satisfied. I wish you good luck, and I am sure you will find what you seek.
Old 06-09-2023, 08:26 AM
renardanderson

Originally Posted by tazzzz
What’s the best way to ship any car or truck,,,say like a kraton or rustler etc,,,,and what is the cost of doing so..I’ve never shipped one before,,,I’m just trying to get a feel of the cost and what the cheapest way to ship. And with what shipper...thanks guys 🇺🇸👈
It all depends on size and weight. Print the label, and schedule a pickup...it doesn't get any easier. I'd say 95% of the time, when the package is over 13oz.
Old 06-10-2023, 08:41 AM
renardanderson

t all depends on size and weight. Print the label, and schedule a pickup...it doesn't get any easier. I'd say 95% of the time, when the package is over 13oz.
Old 12-28-2023, 12:39 PM
Spuffyme

For cost estimates, it's best to get quotes tailored to your specific needs. Factors like vehicle size, distance, and shipping method impact the cost. Some carriers offer open or enclosed transport, affecting pricing too.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:36 AM
Spuffyme

Originally Posted by Spuffyme
For cost estimates, it's best to get quotes tailored to your specific needs. Factors like vehicle size, distance, and shipping method impact the cost. Some carriers offer open or enclosed transport, affecting pricing too.

Hey! Shipping a car or truck like a Kraton or Rustler can vary in cost depending on factors like distance and carrier.