RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   Himoto suggestion box (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/7330606-himoto-suggestion-box.html)

Hibityhupla! 04-10-2008 08:00 PM

RE: Himoto suggestion box

definitely need a two speed for the 1/16 car too.

ehroof 04-10-2008 08:17 PM

our 1/14 comes with a 2 speed, i know, i wish my 1/16 had a 2 speed in it. I will suggest the 2 speed threaded clutch/pinion setup.

Hibityhupla! 04-14-2008 04:50 PM

maybe they could make a deal with OS and use their engines too. That alone would make people take a more serious look at them. I know it would bring up prices a bit but it would be worth it. Most people swap to an Os engine eventually anyway. Why not make money on it?

ehroof 04-14-2008 04:56 PM

in china we have partnered with novarossi and go engines. We sell pretty much all of our rc''s with sh engines. We shall see what the future will bring but i feel big things will be coming from us in the near future.

Hibityhupla! 04-14-2008 06:21 PM

You know what I''m saying though. The first thing everyone asks is what''s a better engine for my car and 9 out of 10 times people say an OS something. As cheap as that 18cv-rx is it would be worth the extra 50 bucks. I''m not saying they are bad engines in them. It would just be cool to see the pro versions come with a pro engine.

Also is Himoto only cars and trucks or do they do planes and boats too. Any plans for it in the future? If so put me on the list...lol I know nothing about either but I would buy a himoto one just because of the good experiences with the vehicles.

ehroof 04-14-2008 06:24 PM

planes and boats will be coming soon, have to get the cars and stuff under control first but they are definately in the works. OS are great engines but some people dont like them, if you can believe that and wouldnt want them.

Hibityhupla! 04-14-2008 06:45 PM

Nice!!!! Can''t wait to see that. You''ll have to tell me when they do show up.

I was just thinking about the OS because of the redcat forum. It seems everytime someone asks what engine they got the 18cv-rx as a reply. I hear you though. It''s not the "best" engine, but really good.

How "in-the loop" are you? Do you think we can get them to make a prototype? I would like to see a vehicle with every upgrade available and the meanest engine they got. Does Novarossi make that .12 ninja? A prototype solid aluminum car, ceramic bearings and that .12 ninja.......imagine that... Most everything I own has at least $1000 into it. I would gladly pay that for a car that needs nothing. especially considering that''s the first thing I do. Go through every website around and find everything that can make it better. I''ve got hundreds of dollars in parts that have never been used and probably never will because I upgraded. Just a thought. If they can do it, I''m down.

Another thought would be carbon fiber everything. Arms, upper and lower chassis, shock towers, hubs, everything..... Stronger and lighter then aluminum. Gotta be the next step.....

Hibityhupla! 04-14-2008 07:07 PM

hmmm..... maybe a belt driven vehicle too. less problems with shafts and burnt up gears.....

Sorry if I''m posting too much. Just thoughts I''ve had while driving and working on them.....

ehroof 04-14-2008 07:11 PM

lol, i will forward your suggestion bro and tell the powers that be to come in and give this a read once in a while.

Hibityhupla! 04-14-2008 10:00 PM

ok... I made a list this time for possible improvements. Save more space anyways..lol

Sealed transmissions- less problems with rocks eating up gears
foam tires for on-road cars
optional one-way differentials- at least rears
2 speed for the 1/8 scale vehicles, but keep metal gears
aluminum chassis on electric models- even "cheapo''s" have them, why not?
And last but not least, maybe a tuning/set-up dvd for new drivers. The traxxas one showed me tons of stuff i didn''t know including the break-in. Great for new people! And think of the time it would save on forums..lol
maybe some more local retailers too. I would have been lost without the internet. The only brands I see in stores are Traxxas, Losi and HPI. If it wasn''t for the internet I would have never known about Himoto or Redcat. I live in Montana though, so there isn''t much around...lol Maybe it''s different in other places, but here there''s no way to get parts locally.

firebird78 04-14-2008 10:24 PM

actually I have been instrested in 1/8th racing and have done some research and talked to some people about it...alot of racers overseas have told me to get a go .21 5 port to race with....they say they are having really good luck with them and the compete with os navarossi..and all the big names...like everything else...just cause one is a big name its doesnt mean its better then the other

Hibityhupla! 04-14-2008 10:38 PM

ORIGINAL: firebird78

actually I have been instrested in 1/8th racing and have done some research and talked to some people about it...alot of racers overseas have told me to get a go .21 5 port to race with....they say they are having really good luck with them and the compete with os navarossi..and all the big names...like everything else...just cause one is a big name its doesnt mean its better then the other
A name does make the difference though. If you don''t believe me look back to high-school. Everyone "had" to have Nike, Reebok and Adidas. Not because they were better then the wal-mart/k-mart cloths but because of the name. Same thing works with these. People will look at the Smartech magic wheel and say it''s a piece of crap then turn around and say the T-maxx is great. If you take a look at them they are identical though. Makes no sense, but it happens. We already know most are very similar and work the same but people want "bragging rights". People feel "safe" going with a name brand. It makes them fit in...lol

guy4x4 04-15-2008 10:07 AM

I would like to see you sell roller cars and truck so we could put in are own engines and radio gear.

ehroof 04-15-2008 10:12 AM

excelent suggestion, we do have the rxb-1, its a 1/8 pro version buggy, race ready with no radio equipment or engine.

Macanan 04-15-2008 10:14 AM

Open up the chat room :D And one good suggestion is Kupplers words GO BIG OR GO HOME !!!!!

Erick88 04-15-2008 12:43 PM

How about metal drive pinions/differential gears for the 1/16th electric buggy? There are a bunch of us who NEED them for lipo and brushless!!

ehroof 04-15-2008 02:08 PM

very good ideas, keep them coming :)

Hibityhupla! 04-15-2008 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Erick88

How about metal drive pinions/differential gears for the 1/16th electric buggy? There are a bunch of us who NEED them for lipo and brushless!!
They need them for the 1/16 on-road nitro car too.

Hibityhupla! 04-16-2008 08:45 PM

how about some titanium set-screws for the drive cups? I'm tired of them stripping...lol

Hibityhupla! 04-16-2008 08:49 PM

ok...last one..lol

how about ceramic clutch pads? I think they wouldn't burn up as fast as the plastic ones and wouldn't melt to the bell like aluminum when under lots of stress.

ehroof 04-16-2008 08:56 PM

lol, keep them coming bro

pede_187 04-17-2008 05:41 PM

himoto needs to make a mega p electric

klloyd 04-17-2008 07:13 PM

How about offering reverse on your trucks / cars, not a huge deal, just nice to have!!!

ehroof 04-17-2008 08:06 PM

most trucks that have reverse end up having problems and most people do a forward only conversion.

ranger4x4 04-17-2008 10:23 PM

how about rollcages for the mega p series?

Hibityhupla! 04-18-2008 04:31 PM

ORIGINAL: HimotoRacingUSA

most trucks that have reverse end up having problems and most people do a forward only conversion.
I have to agree. The reverse in my revo sucked. Even after setting it up right it would take a long time to even think about swapping into reverse and then you had to hope it would go back into drive..lol With very little driver ability the reverse is unnecessary "fu-fu".

ehroof 04-18-2008 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)

ORIGINAL: ranger4x4

how about rollcages for the mega p series?

the megap buggy comes with a rollcage.

ranger4x4 04-18-2008 05:29 PM

is there a rollcage in the works for the mega p 1/8 trucks?

ehroof 04-18-2008 08:35 PM

not as of yet

OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT 04-19-2008 11:13 PM

If you need strong braking power like a real car, try the MPO-09 special brake pad:

http://www.himotoracing.com/index.ph...t=upgrade_part

Its awesome since the material we use is the same using in the read car brake.

Redharris 04-20-2008 01:05 AM

I really Like the BUG (Volkswagen) body that comes with the 1/14 car.
I think a lot of folks would buy THAT body if it came in 1/10 or even 1/8 size.
I would definitely buy one for my 1/8 MegaP Truck!!!!

Redharris 04-20-2008 01:33 AM

We need to Post a Link to a Good Tuning Video or a Nice (not TOO long ) Basic Tuning Guide.
Thats the one thing that All new Folks will NEED to Know.......
Maybe we can get a FAQ STICKY and post it there where everyone will be Sure to see it......

rclynx 04-20-2008 05:03 AM

Center differential Mod for all the 1/10's..............2 speeds are like wearing a rain coat in July when its over 100 degrees [&:]

papax5p 04-20-2008 07:30 AM

On your website, I would like to see video's of the products but of them being driven in open fields instead of on tracks. I think a lot of people buy more for just the bashing then racing.

OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT 04-20-2008 08:12 AM

Thats a good idea.May be we should make one for 1/10 and also 1/8 scale truck

ranger4x4 04-20-2008 11:26 AM

just one more suggestion how about different style rims and different style tries for the whole mega p series? i like the tires on my mxt 2-s but i would also like to get some tires for it that aren't quite as aggressive. just an idea for more parts loland different style bodies as well.

OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT 04-20-2008 11:35 AM

We do have the needle shape tires for this 1/8 truck also!

pede_187 04-20-2008 02:37 PM

A RTR big block mxt-2s:D

OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT 04-20-2008 09:46 PM

We are working on it already!

pede_187 04-21-2008 05:08 AM

Awesome! Collen I can tell your company can go no where but up now. your doing a great thing