RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Car General Discussions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/)
-   -   I give up. (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-car-general-discussions-179/7974681-i-give-up.html)

Checkpointracer 09-20-2008 11:30 PM

I give up.

I've been trying to get out of the hobby for several months because of how busy I am now (hence why I haven't been on rcu much), but I keep feeling a connecting to rc, so, I give in, I'm back in. Anyone else who's tried to get out had this problem?

Specialzed 09-20-2008 11:51 PM

RE: I give up.

This is my first time to this site in like 4 or 5 months, Very easy to quit the hobby, just think about all the money going down the drain for nothing.

Evader ---> MGT 09-20-2008 11:59 PM

Yeah. I go out for a while, then come in with a new hardcore need for nitro, then I go out, then I want electic... It's an ongoing 2 month cycle really. :D

Druss 09-21-2008 01:21 AM

I got out for around 4 years... only had one electric car left... then got into helis hard about a year and a half ago, now I've got 10 helis, 8 cars and 4 boats.... they need an AA for RC.

slow1 09-21-2008 03:18 AM

Hi my name is Aron and Im an rcaholic.

rcpowerhorse 09-21-2008 05:30 AM

don't you spell aaron like that with 2 As

derrick05 09-21-2008 04:49 PM

Hi Aron,just keep coming back:D

Specialzed 09-21-2008 08:10 PM

Dont worry, it wll happen to all of you soo enough. You'll all stop this hobby for good before you know it.

budha24 09-21-2008 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: derrick05

Agreed we are all friends here. Only problem we are all addicted and don't care hahaha hahahahahahah[sm=bananahead.gif]

ifixairplanes 09-21-2008 08:35 PM

Yup. My Trex 450 heli was just put back into commision after a 2 month rest. The only reason I put it back together is because I was feeling guilty about my new purchase a Sprint 2 drift. The heli I got last winter. I bought it a few months after I sold my RC18mt. Fairly soon I will start working on my N scale trains again.

Right now I am in 1/10 drifting mode though

budha24 09-21-2008 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: ifixairplanes

Yup. My Trex 450 heli was just put back into commision after a 2 month rest. The only reason I put it back together is because I was feeling guilty about my new purchase a Sprint 2 drift. The heli I got last winter. I bought it a few months after I sold my RC18mt. Fairly soon I will start working on my N scale trains again.

Right now I am in 1/10 drifting mode though
How do you like the drifting I have a cyclone s from hot bodies that I havent decided what I want to do with, the kit is together but no electronics do you need a brushless set-up to drift?

Tha Bear 09-22-2008 03:57 AM

I had a couple cars when I was a kid, stopped with high/school. Got into planes in some later parts of college, stopped when i started working, picked up a couple tmaxx's but didn't use em'. . . . .

In the past couple years, I have been traveling across the nation going to the biggest carpet races around. Running 1/10th Sedan foam in 13.5, 1/12th in 17.5 and some GT, it's been a non-stop foam burning sensation. This last summer, no kidding, I pulled somewhere around 2,300 laps in 3 months. Our track races year round, non-stop and we have some of the most r/c addicted racers possible. Of course, some of them are national champions so it does kind of validate.

But if the real question is, 'can you be addicted to r/c' the answer is 'of course'. You can be addicted to anything.

I choose to look at it as a constructive use of time that would otherwise potentially be harmful to me. I never know what type of bad things I might get into if I'm bored.

So, ride height, droop, tweak, tire size, sauce, gearing, shocks, bats, bends, straights, chicanes, sweepers, tear-drops....... good for me. [8D]

BuzzBomber 09-22-2008 11:33 AM

Kinda same story here. Had several Tamiya and Kyosho cars and built a trainer plane in the late '80s, then high school and college got in the way. Got back into planes heavily when I started my current job about 7 years ago, then got back into cars for something to do when it's too windy to fly:D Right now, I've only flown maybe a few hours in the last month, but I've done three race weekends at the local track...it goes in cycles, but the basic r/c addiction never goes away.

slow1 09-23-2008 11:38 PM

ORIGINAL: derrick05

Just stopped in for support again tody thanks