Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

problem with Futaba FASST system

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:00 PM
MahnkenVille

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem with Futaba FASST system

Haven't run my car in like a year. Turned it on last night, ran fine, turned it on today and ran it then it just stopped. Sidewinder ESC was flashing all 3 (no signal from radio), and LED on receiver was red. I'll paste the email I sent to Futaba to save time, let me know if you can help me.

I have a Futaba Magnum 3PM 2.4 GHz transmitter with a Futaba R603FF 3-channel receiver. The receiver is hooked up to a Castle Sidewinder ESC in channel 2 and a Futaba steering servo in channel 1. The system is installed in a Traxxas Rustler chassis. When I ran the car today it ran just fine, then just stopped. Nothing on the display of the transmitter changed, but the ESC flashed all 3 lights (signifying it's not getting a signal from the radio). The receiver showed a solid red LED light. I tried putting fresh batteries in both the car and the transmitter, but nothing changed. When I called Futaba today, I turned the car on to describe the problem, it fixed itself. I thanked customer service and turned the car off. Of course with my luck once I was off the phone, I turned the car back on and it continued doing this problem. I've left it on trying to let it reconnect to the remote, but it doesn't seem like it's going to connect. I'm really unsure as to what to do next.

thanks.
Old 05-27-2011, 04:14 PM
zman5000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: problem with Futaba FASST system

try bypassing your on/off switch. my sidewidner sct did pretty much the same thing and i put a piece of lexan on the switch to hold it in the on position and it works fine. i just use the battery connector to turn the truck on and no problems. castle knows there's a problem, a guy at work called them and they said to bypass the switch.