Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Traxxas Link question

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2011, 10:25 AM
ctozzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traxxas Link question

I have a few older 3.3 Traxxas cars/trucks that are not the newer link and wanted to use the new Link radio with all my cars. Can I simply buy a new 5 channel receiver for all these other Traxxas vehicles and plug in the servos into the new receiver, then turn on the car, then the link radio and voila they all work 1 at a time of course ?
Thanks in advance
Chris
Old 08-13-2011, 06:22 PM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Traxxas Link question

U can get the new traxxas link TX to work with up to 20 cars. even the non link will do that u just need to bind them each time u switch cars.

Providing u have the Link controler u can just buy the 5ch link recivers & bind them.

no kidding u could of just checked out the traxxas web page and saved ur self some time. go read the manual
Old 08-13-2011, 06:41 PM
ctozzi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gee thanks, and thanks for the comment at the end. I read the manual and went on their site, however it does NOT state anything about older models and simply buying a new 5 channel receiver.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:39 AM
phmaximus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No why would it???

I think traxxas just assume that is general knowlage that older cars can be upgraded 2.4ghz recivers. same as upgrading a mechanical speed controler to a electric one.
The good news is if u upgrade u can run better digital servos.

u can fit the 5ch reciver to any car,buggy,truggy,etc it does not need to be a traxxas car