Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Recommendations for a controller and receiver?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Recommendations for a controller and receiver?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2016, 02:08 PM
monkeyalien

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations for a controller and receiver?

My buddy and I want to make an RC ATV. I figure we need to at least control steering, brake, and throttle and then we'll progress to operating the starter, kill switch, and shifting. I want a constant signal that opens a relay to effectively disengage the kill switch so if the machine gets out of range of the controller it shuts off. I would love a controller with switches and momentary buttons, and a receiver that just opens and closes included relays or puts out 'high' and 'low' signals like a breakout board or IO module, instead of something that operates a servo directly. From there I can add circuitry to control relays, linear actuators, steering, etc.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:17 PM
EXT2Rob
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any modern radio system already has a failsafe feature that cuts the throttle if the receiver detects an out of range scenario. Some you have to enable it.

Relays? 😱 That's gonna take a lot of power. Why relays? In any case, it sounds like you're looking at a stick radio, minimum 6 channels.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:43 PM
monkeyalien

As I said, it'd be for an ATV, so a larger motor to control steering and more powerful linear actuators, hence relays. .
Old 06-10-2021, 12:35 AM
Watchup

I believe Dumborc has that. longest range too. or try a flysky.
i use dumborc xf6G. no lost signals. 6 channels too