Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

3Pk Problems or issues?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 04:48 PM
thumper5102
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3Pk Problems or issues?

I just purchased a Megatech 3pk PCM from e-bay for $260 shipped with 5 sets (4 of the 5 have an extra RX crystal) of crystals and a radio bag. I didn't know there was a difference in the megatech and the Magnum versions. As for warranty. I live in the US and know NOW that the megatech is not warrantied in the US. What kind of warranty issues does this radio system have or is known to have. I have had 4 radio systems in the past 12 year and have not had ANY problems with any of them.

I'm selling my 2 Jr Propo R-756 PCM radio systems that I have had for the past 5-7 years. Should I not sell them? They worked flawlessly and are both still in great condition.

Is the 3pk Magnum or megatech a radio that i may have problems with or is it the security of having the magnum system with the US warranty, the main reason people are interested in the warranty issue?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-31-2004, 11:24 AM
Tracer

Default RE: 3Pk Problems or issues?

I knowingly purchased the Megatech radio. However I live in Canada.
For Me, shipping a warranty item to Hong Kong vs. shipping to the US is not that different. And considering how much less the Megatech was, I totally think it's worth it. Besides, I got the Black Version which isn't even available as a Magnum yet.

As for issues. I havn't heard of Any. This is a Futaba product after all

This is my second Megatech 3PK. The first one I had to sell due to financial issues (nothing to do with the quality or performance of the product). I've been using the 3PK now for a year.

It's a great radio, best I have had a chance to use and no issues at all.
Old 08-02-2004, 02:42 PM
thumper5102

Tracer,

Thank you for your reply. I'm very excited to be getting a New (like New) Futaba 3PK. I paid $260 for this radio used. I wanted it B/C it came with a nice radio bag and 5 sets of crystals. 4 of the 5 sets have an extra RX crystal.

I'm hoping I will have just as good of luck with this system as I have with all the others I have purchased.
Old 08-06-2004, 10:24 AM
slodsm

The only problem you are going to have is the fact that the megatech radio's are mostly 40mhz freq's. Those are not legal for use in the US and if something were to happen that you caused interference with by using a non legal freq for, you would be subject to a fine about 100 times more than what it would have cost you to just buy a US version that is legal. If you got a 27 mhz though, you are golden. I too use a 3PK and you won't have any problems with it at all.