Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Charge time?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 08:37 AM
CJL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Charge time?

Hello, I'm new here so I hope this isn't in the wrong forum. I bought an 1100 mAh 6v Ni-MH hump battery pack for my MTA-4 off e-bay a few days ago. It didn't come with any instructions, so I don't know how long to charge it for. The charger is rated at 5.8v and 135 mA. Roughly how long should I charge it for, since it's just a basic wall transformer charger that'll keep on pumping juice non-stop, I don't want to damage anything?

Thanks in advance![8D]
Old 10-15-2004, 03:28 PM
Tracer
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Charge time?

Under no circumstances should you EVER use a charger that doesn't specifically support Ni-Mh batteries to charge them.
If you have to ask how long you should charge them for then you don't have the right charger.

Now.. saying that.. it will "work" if you do charge them.
However.. you're throwing your investment in the batteries out the window because of improper charging and overheating which damages the cells and reduces their battery life.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:45 PM
CJL

The charger came with it. It's all American spec stuff 'cos the transformer/charger has a 240/110 voltage switch, and it needs an adaptor to plug into a UK mains socket. I've looked at the source/manufacturer site (www.onlybatterypacks.com) but there's not much info there.
Old 10-15-2004, 07:29 PM
Tracer
My Feedback: (1)

ahh yes.. I've gotten stuff from that guy before.

Does your charger have an LED on it?
More specifically.. does it turn on or change colour when you plug your battery in to be charged?

If it does then you're fine. This would mean that their is a feedback sensor in the charger and it turns off automatically when the pack is charged.

If it doesn't.. it's questionable.

You might want to email onlybatterypacks.com