Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Jumping diode on Futaba 2PL

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 08:02 PM
DSLDUG
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jumping diode on Futaba 2PL

I was wondering if anyone knew how to jump the diode in the 2PL?For starters I put Ni-Cads in it.The problem is when I fast charge it the charger doesnt switch off when the batterys are done.They get really warm almost hot and I have to turn the charger off manually.The charger I have is a Hughes RC.It charges at 1amp.I have used this on my other TX and have had no problem.The TXs I also charge are a 9C and a Skysport.I contacted Hughes and they said it could be diode protected.So I contact Futaba and they say yes it is.I thought that if it had a diode that meant you couldnt discharge through the charge jack.My Skysport is diode protected and I have no problems charging it.I also jumped that diode so I coud discharge through the jack.I found out how to do that on this site.Someone had posted pictures on how to do it.So now Im wondering if anyone can give me some info on this situation?

Thanks