Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

futaba 3pk

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 07:03 PM
dominiquecockers
My Feedback: (971)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default futaba 3pk

I just recently bought a 3pk with no manual, I also bought a spektrum for it got it to work without the manual so far, Now I went to futaba to read the manual, and as I was going through the list of functions, I saw that when you turn on the display screen with the switch on the side, so your not transmitting, it says that in the screen on the bottom it should say "DISP" and when you turn on the tx it should say "RF", Mine says "RF" when I just turn on the Display switch, Is there something I'm missing, I don't want to go any further with it as I heard it could be doing damage to itself if it transmitts along
Old 10-20-2005, 08:41 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts
Default RE: futaba 3pk

That switch is not assignable,, does it transmit or just the RF appears?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:57 PM
dominiquecockers

I know it's not assingable, but the instuctions say that when you just turn on the Display switch it should read "Disply", mine reads "RF", RF is supose to let you know that you are transmitting but it's not transmitting to my bug with just the display switch on...Dave
Old 10-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine actually does the same thing.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:14 PM
dominiquecockers

so I shouldn't worry about it?, I was more afraid that it would transmit intermitent, and when I was checking it was in the not transmitting mode, hope you know what I mean...Dave
Old 10-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Tigger N. Bennie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I am following you and I also think I wondered the same thing when I first purchased the T3PK. Until now, I don't recall really thinking about it since I first purchased the transmitter and tried adjusting servos--I first did it with the screen, prior to actually turning on the RC.

By the way, if you ever want or need "direct" support from Futaba, you also post on the RCU Futaba Radios Direct Support Forum. The reps usually respond soon after any questions.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_125/tt.htm
Old 10-20-2005, 10:55 PM
dominiquecockers

Thank you for the info, you've been very helpful and reasuring that I didn't get a lemon, I originaly bought the buggy, than bought the radio the following week, he said it worked perfectly, and it looked brand new no little scratches or buff marks or dust it looked like it was just opened, so I felt comfortable with the purchase...Dave