Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

reciever pack question

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2006, 08:19 PM
jetta89wolfs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default reciever pack question

I don't know if this is the right forum for this question but here goes. i have a hump pack. and i'm on my 3rd one in under 2 years. i left them sit for a few months and they weren't charged so they won't hold a charge now. i just bought a new one and don't wanna ruin this one. so my question i geuss is more about the charger. my lhs sold me a dynamite pit peak and said it would work for charging my pack. is it good enough to charge my pack? somtimes i get over an hour of run time other times i only get like a half hour. so do i need a different charger or is that one good enough, and should i charge the pack before i store it? thanx in advance for any help.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:30 AM
gerwen

Default RE: reciever pack question

That charger should be fine. It charges at a fairly high rate (over 1C) which will hurt the total life of the battery, but I'm not sure by how much or even if it's significant.

Here's a nice page to learn about care of batteries:
http://www.rcbatteryclinic.com/
Old 01-05-2006, 10:30 AM
R.Robinson
Banned

If you are using NICAD packs switch to NIMH packs and start making your own. Find a good charger that can charge any pack cells you have or may need later. I have a TEKIN 112c charger and make my own RX packs and have'nt had to replace any for years.
Old 01-05-2006, 10:51 PM
jetta89wolfs

ORIGINAL: R.Robinson

If you are using NICAD packs switch to NIMH packs and start making your own. Find a good charger that can charge any pack cells you have or may need later. I have a TEKIN 112c charger and make my own RX packs and have'nt had to replace any for years.
my pack is nimh.thanx for the help guys.