Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.
View Poll Results: A poll
XS3 Pro
53.85%
DX3
30.77%
Other (Please state below)
15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

JR XS3 Pro OR Spektrum DX3

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 06:36 PM
a8man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR XS3 Pro OR Spektrum DX3

Hello, I am fairly new to this hobby (~4 Months) and have two cars. I need a new radio for my Savage X and it has to be 3-channel (reverse). I don't race or even bash...just rarely. I just run them on the street or parking lots. I currently have the stock X radio (AM) and I think I really don't need any more features than that except for the glitching problem. I heard great things about both radios. Please vote on the better one and please tell me why. I would also appreciate if you guys tell me the advantages and disadvantages of both. I am aware that the DX3 comes with a reciever and two servos (which I need). I don't need a second reciever because I am selling my other car. I know there is a price difference but I supose I can each for about $200 max (with servos and reciever). Or please recomend another radio that will fit my needs. Servo recomendations would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

JR XS3 Pro

Spektrum DX3
Old 08-15-2006, 08:32 PM
a8man

Default RE: JR XS3 Pro OR Spektrum DX3

Wow no replies
Old 08-15-2006, 11:48 PM
rcxboy

Spektrum, its 2.4ghz therefore no problems and actually noticeable improved reesponse time.
Old 08-18-2006, 01:57 PM
Shortymet55

Both are good. THe Spektrum kinda lacks the features, but like you said you dont need many for dricing on the street. I think the Hitec SRX also might be a good radio. Its only $100 and has more features than the DX3, plus if you want the spektrum feautes you can purchase the module for it. And at aonly $100 you can get really good servos like you said you needed for the price of the two radios you said. The radio is also FM, so itll have less glitching. The XS3 aslo is FM so itll glitch the same. Both will be a full set of stairs better than the AM stock radio.

Adn the spektrum servos might not even be good enough depending on you truck. If its a monter Truck, then the spektrum servos really wont be good. Maybe the high-torque on throttle, but its not high torque enough for steering (well it could be but there are alot better servos.)