Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Futaba 3GR 2.4Ghz

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 05:43 PM
JeffyB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 3GR 2.4Ghz

I really would like one of these and was wondering if anyone has managed to get one yet. I'm not a big fan of wheel transmitters and the 3vc is pretty pricey for me so the 3gr 2.4ghz looks like my best option.

Anyone have any experience with one of these?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:01 PM
JeffyB

Default RE: Futaba 3GR 2.4Ghz

These are starting to appear all over the uk now, £175 seems to be the going price. Any early takers?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:27 PM
underdog4life

I hear you, JeffyB. I'd like to get my hands on a nicely equipped 2-stick radio, too. Maybe it's because my very first radio was a 2-stick (Futaba Attack-R), but, in any case, I'm not as comfortable using a pistol grip as I am a 2-stick. I had been keeping my eye out for a Sanwa EXZES. I'm now interested in getting a radio equipped with FASST or some other 2.4 Ghz DSM technology. I agree that the 3gr looks great, and the 3vc does as well. Does anyone else on the forum prefer 2-stick over pistol grip? Is there any hope that 2-sticks will become more popular in the US?
Old 07-10-2007, 05:12 PM
JeffyB

I decided to take the plunge and bought the 3gr 2.4ghz, should be with me tomorrow will let you know what its like and post more pictures.
Old 07-10-2007, 09:56 PM
SAVAGEJIM

What's wrong with wheel? Give it a shot, you might be suprised how well wheel radios handles. Once you go wheel, you'll never go back.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:40 AM
JeffyB

I have a wheel and have used it for 3 months side by side a stick transmitter and i know which one my hands prefer.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:55 AM
JeffyB

Its arrived but im stuck at work, have to play the waiting game...
Old 07-11-2007, 02:04 PM
underdog4life

I have wheel radios, too, and I don't think that there's anything "wrong" with them. Like JeffyB, I simply prefer the feel of a 2-stick. I actually don't mind the steering wheel specifically as much as the trigger throttle control. I'm not as fast or as precise at accelerating and braking with my left index finger as I am with my left thumb.

JeffyB, I am REALLY sorry to hear that you're stuck at work while your new radio is waiting for you at home. I'd like to hear your first impressions and see some pics, then more thoughts after you use it a bit!
Old 07-11-2007, 02:17 PM
JeffyB

I can take some pictures in a few hours and i will be using it properly at my local track on sunday.
Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 PM
JeffyB

Well finally back from work and im very impressed. It was very easy to install took me around 5 minutes to take my old transmitter out put the tiny new R603FF in (its about half the size of a standard reviever) and reverse the stick controls using the very simply menu system. The instructions book is one of the best i have seen, very clear big diagrams and photos detailing everything this set can do. Build quaility is also excellent, the set is pretty light but feels solid in your hands with nicely contoured hand grips on the rear. My servos no longer "twitch" and seem alot more responsive. The Throttle stick was pre set at 70/30 but 50/50 is also available and as far as im aware opening this unit to swap this doesn't invalidate the warranty. Some pictures.

If anyone has any questions i will try to answer them i will be trying it at the track on sunday and can't wait
Old 07-12-2007, 09:00 AM
underdog4life

Looks great and sounds like it made a very good first impression. I'm looking forward to hearing about how it performs for you on Sunday.
Old 07-15-2007, 03:16 PM
JeffyB

Well was very impressed at the track worked really well, its only a short track so didnt get to test the range that much. It felt very comfortable and didnt give me any problems for the 5 tanks i got through this morning. Very happy with my purchase, here the truggy after the bash.
Old 07-15-2007, 04:30 PM
underdog4life

Thanks for the report and glad to hear that it went well. Have you explored all the features, settings, etc. yet? The pic of your truggy didn't load - can you post it again?
Old 07-15-2007, 05:18 PM
JeffyB

Only really played about with the steering trim, didn't have alot of time there today to try most of the other features out. Is the picture working for you as i can see it.
Old 07-25-2007, 05:31 AM
razzor

Must say that radio looks good and comfortable.
Im a old 3UCP stick racer and have a Super EXZES with Spektrum.
Always had my eye on a Futaba and will look into this new model.

Anyone know if the FASST system will be compatible with spektrum recievers seeing its based on Nomadio technology ???
The Namodio can use Spektrum recievers too.
Just that when you sell stuff 2nd hand you lose so much $$, would be cool if we can use the Spektrum recievers.
Old 07-25-2007, 06:12 AM
JeffyB

I would also like to know this as the futaba R603FF is pretty expensive here in the UK and the spectrum reciever is alot cheaper.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:34 PM
7wt

Jeffy,

I am interested in this TX as well but I want one for a boat and I need a ratcheting throttle. Do you know if you can make the throttle forward only with a ratchet or some other means of holding the throttle stick stationary?
Old 08-28-2008, 07:58 PM
prinsdrift

Can anyone please tell me: Is Futaba 3GR Synthesized Radio compatible with Spectrum DSM or Fasst System? Can we change its module as we do in 3pk?? Can this synthesized 3GR be upgraded with separate Spectrum DSM or Fasst system?

This is the synthesized 3GR: http://cgi.ebay.com/Futaba-3GR-FS-3G...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 08-28-2008, 09:09 PM
dkastil

is does not have a module it is fasst they say it is just lke a 3pm but sticks

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXSNN8&P=3