Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Surface Stick Radios

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 04:53 PM
IkI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Surface Stick Radios

I've been searching around for stick radios, and I don't see very much variety for the surface models. So far the most common ones I found are...

KO Propo Esprit 3 Universe
KO Propo Esprit 2 Vantage Type R
Futaba Attack 2ER
Futaba Attack 2DR
Futaba 3VC
and more you can remind me of...

However, I'm actually changing from trigger to stick. There were a huge range of trigger radios available, but now I race I just want to change my style. Well, looking at the range, the Esprit 3 is pretty pricey. The Esprit 2 is discontinued, but it's still pretty pricey aswell. The Futaba Attacks are quite a good choice, and are recommended for beginners, but I need something for a long-term thing, without changing radios constantly. The 3VC has simular specs to the KOs. But its price is only a little bit cheaper than the KO Esprit 3. And as I prefer the Esprit 3 I might as well get that instead...... Or shall I just stick to the triggers??

Any suggestions?
Old 07-11-2007, 07:06 PM
JeffyB

Default RE: Surface Stick Radios

You may want to look at the new Futaba 3GR 2.4ghz set, i got mine today and am very impressed. I have started a thread [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6067236/tm.htm]here[/link]. No more crystals or interferance woes and should last you a good while yet.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:59 PM
mattnin

There is also the new M11 stick version, Sanwa Super Exzes Plus. Here is a picture of mine that I had to order from hong kong for about $300.
I swapped sticks so the left thumb steers and the right thumb is throttle though.

Old 07-14-2007, 09:18 PM
underdog4life

I'm glad I'm not alone in my preference and search for a 2-stick radio. I'm looking forward to reading about how JeffyB's new 3GR works out at the track.

As for the Exzes, I asked Global Hobby, Airtronics' new distributor, if the Exzes would be made more available in the US. I was told that Global Hobby would have some in stock some time in the next 30 days or so. I'm assuming that they can be ordered from Global's "Neighborhood Hobby Dealers." The list of shops can be found at GlobalHobby.com.

Old 07-15-2007, 11:09 AM
mattnin

I ordered mine from http://shopping.rcmodel.hk and received it in literally 4 days. I was amazed. That is quicker than I have received items shipped from inside the US! I ordered it, and it was in California the next day. The longest wait was clearing customs. I ordered using EMS, make sure you do that!
Old 07-15-2007, 11:11 AM
mattnin

It doesn't look like they have any in stock right now though
Old 07-25-2007, 05:45 AM
razzor

Great to see interest growing in stick radios
Been a while but they seem to be coming out of the woodwork these days.

Most brands have budget and high end versions available.
Also 2.4ghz is finally available in stick radios from SANWA/Airtronics, Futaba and KO.
The Futaba 3GR looks really good and is the budget stick version with the 3VCS the top end unit.
The new SANWA Super EXZES Plus is also available with 2.4ghz and really looks good and should be just as comfortable as the older version.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:55 AM
AL KAP

Hi Guys,
I have just aquiced a Sanwa Exzes Plus radio, it looks great and the menu is user friendly, all the feautres im interested in are available, i just have two things which im not clear about:
1. Dsp button on the Left side of the screen...It seems it has no function
2. ALB (Anti-Lock Braking) it seems it doesnt work unless i am constantly pressing an assigned switch ( SW1 or SW2 or SW3)while driving Which is not practical...I am wondering if its a manufacturer fault or this is the way its biult....
I have gone through the radio and manual excessivly nothing is related to the dsp switch or says how to activate ALB continously???
Anyone has feedback .... Anyone Who bought the radio....????
Old 08-23-2007, 06:59 AM
akaram

Hi Guys,

I got a super ezzes plus radio and i have 2 questions,

1- I wasnt able to enable the ALB to work by itself, I have to keep the button 2 pressed while applying brake for alb to work, is this normal ??? there should be a way to toggle it on or off.

2- what is the DSP button on the left of the screen for ????? on my radio it doesnt function ! is this normal ?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:24 PM
ebourlet

DSP turns on the display for programming without turning on the transmitter, if you push the DSP when the main switch is off it will turn on the radio and not transmit so you can select a model or make programming changes without interfering.
If you navigate to the ALB tab/ screen then push the enter button several times until the arrow cursor is in front of the word "PUSH" you should be able to use the + or - button to change the PUSH to ACT this will turn on the ALB all the time.

Peter I don't know where you bought your radio but I had never seen one that did not show the sw next to the PUSH on the ALB screen. I know that the one I have has the sw. I wonder if maybe yours has a bad set of firmware. Try to use the enter key to move the cursor around the ALB screen. If you are not able to get the arrow in front of the word "PUSH" I would take the radio back where you bought it and make them give you a new one that works.
By the way I have the new 2.4 DSSS in my Exzes Plus and love it so far.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:31 PM
ebourlet

notify
Old 08-30-2007, 02:20 AM
AL KAP

Ebourlet,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Sanwa Exzes Radio, I have contacted the Airtronics Service Department. They were very helpful in clarifying the problem. I have sent the radio back to the Hobby Shop I bought it from.
Old 08-30-2007, 07:02 PM
ebourlet

I hope you get another one. They are a great radio and it will do what you want if you get one that is right. Like I said I had not had any problems with mine. They are the easiest radio out there to program and they have a great feel.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:40 AM
AL KAP

I agree with you, it seems there might be a way to activate the ALB by going through the service mode, do you have an idea about how to enter service mode, I have a JR 9XII, to enter service mode I on the radio while pressing one of the bottons, Are you aware of such a thing in The Sanwa Exzes Plus ???
Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 PM
akaram

Dear ALKAPON, looks like you are illiterate in these matters ! what you are referring to in the JR 9xII is the normal setup mode which was separated from the normal operating menu just to prevent users from accidentally changing major model parameters like switch assignments, wing type, model type, modulation type ...
The service menu is a different story and it is secret, most radios should have a service menu but it is not easy to find it, there you fine tune Various factory preset and calibrated system variables and giving access to normal users to this menu might mean the end of the radio.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:28 PM
ebourlet

Unfortunatly I do not know if there is a service mode on teh Exzes Plus. The only person I know of that may know would be the Airtronics Tech named Min, He moved over to Global when they took over the USA distribution of Airtronics.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:36 PM
AL KAP

Dear AKARAM, First of all the question was not directed to you but to an owner of a similar radio Ebourlet, second i am still new in this matter and one learns when one inquires, unfortunatley we are not all like you kings of knowledge and QUEENS of know hows. I think that the purpose of this site is to give assistance to those who are new in the hobby and exchange experience rather than be SARCASTIC. No doubt i appreciate the light you have shed on the proper terminolgy that i was mistakenly using. (Despite the fact that the idea was conveyed)
Your comments would be even more appreciated when they supply a solution. Especially given the fact that you are well aware of the problem and have encoutered a thread somewhere specifying how to ammend the ALB to operate continously.
Nevertheless I should no doubt, again, complement and thank you, point noted....IT WILL DEFINITLEY ASSIST ME IN GETTING WHAT I NEED.

THANKS
Old 08-14-2008, 12:24 AM
gimpygolden

Has anyone purchased a 'Super Exzes Plus' lately? I have been looking all over for one of these.
any help is appreciated.

Thanks