Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Car Radio Equipment
Reload this Page >

Spectrum DX3R ... what do you think of it

Community
Search
Notices
RC Car Radio Equipment Discuss specific topics related to RC car radios. For general or non rc car specific radio topics please see our regular radio discussion forum.

Spectrum DX3R ... what do you think of it

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 09:43 AM
turbohardtop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spectrum DX3R ... what do you think of it

I was thinking of upgrading my radio (already) to the Spectrum DX3R DSM2 radio system. What do you guys think of this system? I know this is direct sequence and not frequency hopping 2.4Ghz. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:44 AM
(X)

Default RE: Spectrum DX3R ... what do you think of it

It's supposed to be good, although the servo's could be better..
Old 08-01-2007, 12:55 AM
Crazy|Horse

ORIGINAL: (X)

It's supposed to be good, although the servo's could be better..
Yeh, except you can buy better servos. I have my DX3R pre-ordered
Old 08-01-2007, 10:58 AM
turbohardtop

have you guys compare this unit tothe Nomadio React. It cost about hte same or just a little more with more flexibility.
Old 08-02-2007, 12:23 AM
Crazy|Horse

I hate to say it, but for me the way the React looks/feels to me is just poor. I'm hoping this will work well. Supposedly the React is better, but there hasn't been any testing comparing the two, so I don't really see how you can say one is better then the other.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:26 PM
daytimeninja

The the DX3R come with servos?
Old 08-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Crazy|Horse

I didn't think so.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:28 PM
Fiegs

I think its taking to long to get here[:@][:@][:@]

Been waiting forever............
Old 08-11-2007, 09:11 AM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: TheFinalCut

I think its taking to long to get here[:@][:@][:@]

Been waiting forever............
Can you link where you got yours from? I want to see just what comes in the box with the radio and receiver. (In particular, if it comes with servos, Spektrum can keep them. I already have better ones.)
Old 08-11-2007, 11:45 AM
phoenix_stu

Your gonna be waiting until October from my understanding. I pre ordered mine two months ago just to find out when it was supposed to release it got pused back again.

Savage Jim. I pre-ordered mine from MyRC Supply and from what I can tell, it only comes with the TX and RX. No servos included. Not yet anyway. Give it a little time on the market and I am sure it will though.

Yes. I am sick of waiting. I am ready to give that baby a test as nobody in Japan will have one. hihihi
Old 08-11-2007, 12:47 PM
P2gee

ORIGINAL: Crazy|Horse

........ but there hasn't been any testing comparing the two, so I don't really see how you can say one is better then the other.

I dont see how you can say one is better than the other either especially since one is only a picture.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:08 PM
SAVAGEJIM

ORIGINAL: phoenix_stu

Your gonna be waiting until October from my understanding. I pre ordered mine two months ago just to find out when it was supposed to release it got pused back again.

Savage Jim. I pre-ordered mine from MyRC Supply and from what I can tell, it only comes with the TX and RX. No servos included. Not yet anyway. Give it a little time on the market and I am sure it will though.

Yes. I am sick of waiting. I am ready to give that baby a test as nobody in Japan will have one. hihihi
Whoa, that seriously sucks. O well, I'll just live with my Futaba 3PK for the moment, it too is rigged for 2.4GHz.
Old 08-11-2007, 05:28 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I really liked my DX3 that I ran a good year before I got my React. I am sure the DX3R will be a good radio but for less money and the fact the React has a lot more features I had to go with it.
Old 08-12-2007, 08:02 AM
SAVAGEJIM

From what I understand, the React has the full capability for all other telemetry feedback as well. Not only does it feedback temp, but it can also feedback vehicle speed and receiver batt voltage as well.

Too bad Spektrum is not trying to develop tranceiver technology to remain ahead of Nomandio. I know that Spektrum, profitwise, is way ahead of Nomandio, primarily due to the fact that Spektrum was the first to massively put 2.4GHz radios on the shelf, but it will not be long before Nomandio catches up with Spektrum with its tranceivers. Not only that, it will not e long before other radio makers start making tranceivers also; electronics is the fastest developing aspect of RCs.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:47 PM
phoenix_stu

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

From what I understand, the React has the full capability for all other telemetry feedback as well. Not only does it feedback temp, but it can also feedback vehicle speed and receiver batt voltage as well.

Too bad Spektrum is not trying to develop tranceiver technology to remain ahead of Nomandio. I know that Spektrum, profitwise, is way ahead of Nomandio, primarily due to the fact that Spektrum was the first to massively put 2.4GHz radios on the shelf, but it will not be long before Nomandio catches up with Spektrum with its tranceivers. Not only that, it will not e long before other radio makers start making tranceivers also; electronics is the fastest developing aspect of RCs.
Can't say for sure though. It could be that the reason that the July release date of the DX3R was pushed back to late October is because they may be adding more features to keep up with the competition. Of course, I am only speculating. One can only hope
Old 10-21-2007, 01:18 PM
phoenix_stu

Hey guys, any news on the release of this yet? Mine should of been ready to ship out on the 20th however, I haven't heard anyword from MyRC Supply as of yet to when it will ship or if it has even arrived yet at their store.

Old 10-21-2007, 05:04 PM
presto
My Feedback: (4)

I have one ordered too, but I haven't heard anything. I would think there would be more publicity if it had come out. Who knows?
Old 10-21-2007, 05:09 PM
phoenix_stu

ORIGINAL: presto

I have one ordered too, but I haven't heard anything. I would think there would be more publicity if it had come out. Who knows?
The only information that I have that is new is that Specktrum's website now has the manual for the DX3R. I hope to have some more news soon.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:44 PM
xxx4 and 2 more

I also have one one preorder from Myrcsupply.com
I also noticed that myrcsupply.com doesnt even have it listed in the store any more???

I was at the iHobby show in Chicago and stopped at the spektrum booth to ask about it. They told me december now.[:@]
Its getting kinda stupid with all of these delays. On the plus side, they did have a working model on display at the show and I really liked the way it looked and felt. Very light and it fit my hand very nicely. (I'm used to my heavy M11) the scroll menu was pretty easy to use. Just about every buton besides the wheel and throttle was programable to whatever you wanted it to be. I'm really looking forward to it I think it will be a winner. I didnt even think of it but I should have taken a few pictures.

Old 10-22-2007, 08:50 PM
phoenix_stu

If anyone are having problems with not receiving it from MyRC Suppy, please reply in this thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6525360/tm.htm

I am curious how many people other than me this has happened to. Thank you
Old 10-24-2007, 01:44 AM
haasjj

I'll tell you this much about it, its very light compared to my JR-R1. I got a look at the DX3R at the I Hobby Expo and I like it, I might just buy one and decide which one to keep after running it thru a race season but for now I'll wait and see. The only thing I didn't see was an Idle up for the throttle I like that feature on my R-1.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:48 PM
J-Cube

I'm pre-ordering mine from Horizon Hobby. It should be here... mid January 08... frick. Oh well, at least I'm finally upgrading from AM.